In Memoriam: Ames Business/Restaurants

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
West Towne's last day in business was yesterday.
Had heard a couple months ago that it was going to be closing. My wife and I had lunch there last weekend and it was pretty evident that they weren't really taking care of it anymore. Was pretty dirty and needed maintenance.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Attack leaving that building eventually will hurt

so many aau parents just walked across the street to West Town in between their kids games
Where is attack moving to? Build an even bigger building somewhere else?

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
""Currently, about 600 youths participate in All Iowa Attack. Jensen said participation in the program could double when construction o the complex in Kettlestone Central is completed. All Iowa Attack’s facilities in Ames and Iowa City will continue to operate, he said.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
""Currently, about 600 youths participate in All Iowa Attack. Jensen said participation in the program could double when construction o the complex in Kettlestone Central is completed. All Iowa Attack’s facilities in Ames and Iowa City will continue to operate, he said.
yes, the Ames one will operate as ISU new wrestling center

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I worked at DaVinci's when I was in school. Garlic cheese rolls with marinara was a money side. The five cheese pizza and cheesesteak sandwiches were memorable too.

Also miss Flying Burrito next to the old Kum & Go on the Sheldon corner. The food wasn't better than it's contemporaries, but the late night hours made it available during the times I was apt to provide very subjective reviews.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I worked at DaVinci's when I was in school. Garlic cheese rolls with marinara was a money side. The five cheese pizza and cheesesteak sandwiches were memorable too.

Also miss Flying Burrito next to the old Kum & Go on the Sheldon corner. The food wasn't better than it's contemporaries, but the late night hours made it available during the times I was apt to provide very subjective reviews.
The hell it wasn't.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson and Pat