I'm tired of hearing about the great Matt Campbell

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He won 7 or more games numerous times. We also had good Nebraska, good Colorado and Texas A/M in the conference then too. MC is the man but coach Mac was the catalyst for all of this.

You’re making **** up.

And every single time we played one of those good teams, we were at least 14-0 behind before we took the field.

Remember his best team? They played 3 good teams, and lost all of them. They were destroyed in 2 of them.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He won 7 or more games numerous times. We also had good Nebraska, good Colorado and Texas A/M in the conference then too. MC is the man but coach Mac was the catalyst for all of this.

You mean Gene Smith is the catalyst.

I am quite certain that til this very day, the baseball program is happy he borrowed himself into Arizona State, and them out of a program.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Amen. Plus Kansas State was a national power, at their peak under Snyder, a far cry from now.
Oh and Mac beat Iowa with regularity.

And his were never even remotely competitive against any of the good teams.

And he was lucky to catch Iowa at the end of fry and beginning of ferentz.

It really bothers you that truth and fact destroy your pitiful attempts at revision.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I believe that year we lost to Baylor by fumbling on the goal line while we were about to take the lead. And then I know we missed the field goal to tie against KU but did we also miss the field goal against Missouri as well?

Baylor was 0 - forever on the road in the big 12 going into that game. Super motivator guy had his team sleepwalk through an embarrassing loss. And he was never ever a good enough coach to change momentum, ever. That’s why we lost games to the good teams in the conference by huge margins.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Bad Mouth will ya ...Dan McCarney stopped the hok streak at 15 straight losses....One of the Greatest Accomplishments in the history of Cyclone Football.....In the first 21 games we won four and toe won the rest....Our history with TOE is a real *****....

It was not Mac, any coach at Iowa State at that time who was still around at 6-27, after fry cratered the program after Dwight and banks used up their eligibility.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Baylor was 0 - forever on the road in the big 12 going into that game. Super motivator guy had his team sleepwalk through an embarrassing loss. And he was never ever a good enough coach to change momentum, ever. That’s why we lost games to the good teams in the conference by huge margins.

I think Stevie Hicks was out that game. Wasn’t that why Coleman, the converted fullback, was playing halfback and fumbled?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So long as we only lose games to good teams - and Iowa is a good team - we're making progress.

And have a chance late, which for the most part ISU has had in their losses the last 2 seasons.

They got handled in Austin but even then, a play or two breaks out, and it's anyone's game.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Mac looked at the Iowa game a lot differently than Cambell does. Not to say i dont want to piss pound those guys every year, but id lose another 10 straight if it meant a Big12 Champ or 2

Most likely, when / if we lose to Iowa, we won't win B12; and I would be floored if we win B12 this year.
The years we beat Iowa will probably also be the year we win B12; baring injuries.
There's only 12 games in a season; the all count and require equal respect and preparation, including the two cupcakes we deliberately schedule.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I think Stevie Hicks was out that game. Wasn’t that why Coleman, the converted fullback, was playing halfback and fumbled?

yeah. We outgained them by like 100 yards too.
Pretty standard.

Baylor was like 6-67 in conference play going into that game too.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Btw, where is the op to come in and tell us how bad Campbell is? Haven’t seen him and his hot takes for a few days.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Most likely, when / if we lose to Iowa, we won't win B12; and I would be floored if we win B12 this year.
The years we beat Iowa will probably also be the year we win B12; baring injuries.
There's only 12 games in a season; the all count and require equal respect and preparation, including the two cupcakes we deliberately schedule.

The 2 have nothing to do with one another. We lost last year and had every opportunity make it to the Big12 game.

I think Campbell subscribes to the theory that each of the 12 games mean something. Mac seemed like Iowa/Nebraska and then the other 9-10 games.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What were the scores of the k state games, other than the one where he blew a 28-7 lead, when k state was good?.

There was one game at KState where it was like 49-0 at halftime. In the locker room at half time Coach Skladany (the DC) was going nuts - "f this, f that, if we don't start playing better and come back to win we will all run when we get back to Ames. I'll run your asses until I get sick of watching, it could be 10 AM tomorrow f this, f me". Mac steps in a says no they won't be running like that when we get back.

I played on 8 kickoff returns that day lol

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron