If you've had problems via mobile, please read this

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Do you use mobile? It was literally an unusable site for a while.

That said, it looks like the team worked tirelessly, because I’ve had zero problems with it since that moving ad stopped popping up. In fact, I’ve even been able to listen to Spotify and podcasts while browsing, so it appears the number of sound ads even has drastically decreased. Greatly appreciated, @ChrisMWilliams and staff!

Yes. Use mobile 90% of the time. Couple of annoyances here and there, but nothing to get bent about. If the annoyances mean revenue for CF, I am willing to put up with it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yes. Use mobile 90% of the time. Couple of annoyances here and there, but nothing to get bent about. If the annoyances mean revenue for CF, I am willing to put up with it.

I guess it depends on one’s definition of annoyance. It was continuously locking the page up where I couldn’t even click on anything. Personally, I consider that more than an annoyance when I can’t even view the page.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
For what it's worth, I just had a bad ad pop up on me via desktop while visiting Sports Illustrated that claimed my computer has a virus (which it does not). The point is just to hammer down that this is an industry problem right now where even the big dogs are affected.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For what it's worth, I just had a bad ad pop up on me via desktop while visiting Sports Illustrated that claimed my computer has a virus (which it does not). The point is just to hammer down that this is an industry problem right now where even the big dogs are affected.

How is the swimsuit issue?

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Anyone having troubles on iPhone mobile site ? I have it bookmarked on my home screen and every time I pull it up it has me logged out or someone else’s avatar until I click forums. Also bunch of pop ups and the cookies page is up and won’t let me accept or decline.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The stinking Dr Pepper ads that pop up every time I change pages is annoying. Have to close them out before doing anything.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Anyone having troubles on iPhone mobile site ? I have it bookmarked on my home screen and every time I pull it up it has me logged out or someone else’s avatar until I click forums. Also bunch of pop ups and the cookies page is up and won’t let me accept or decline.

Over the weekend, my new post button didn't work for about a day and a half.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Something funky going on for a small number of devices... we are actively working on it. IF you have specifics please report. Thanks.

Also, FYI, I'm putting like 5-6 K into improved mobile experience over the next few months. Coming from Patreon account. I'll have more details soon.

Reactions: SECyclone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Using CF on iPhone is nearly unusable but definitely unbearable. The banner ads at the bottom of the screen that slide up and down cover the keyboard.