I Think Bill Walton Is High Right Now

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Somebody tweeted last night that they wanted to see a UCLA-Duke game with Walton and Dicky V. doing the commentary. Can you imagine what that would be like?

I couldn't put a gun to my head and pull the trigger fast enough.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
This guy? Never.
bill-walton.png

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
If Bill Walton is the analyst, I'm watching. Tremendously entertaining, and very knowledgeable.

Very articulate and smart guy. Finished in the top 5% at UCLA - Loved watching him play at UCLA and Portland. I've never seen a center or anyone for that matter be able to get the ball off the glass and be able to put the ball back up without having to gather himself which didn't give the defender any time to react.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Very articulate and smart guy. Finished in the top 5% at UCLA - Loved watching him play at UCLA and Portland. I've never seen a center or anyone for that matter be able to get the ball off the glass and be able to put the ball back up without having to gather himself which didn't give the defender any time to react.
Thank you. How can anyone claim Walton is not "knowledgeable." It's preposterous. Three-time national Player of the Year at UCLA, three-time academic All-America, graduated with honors, attended Stanford law school, etc. etc. etc. Plus, has there ever been a smarter player on the basketball court? Just love his analysis and remarks.
My favorite is: "Being with (Lakers broadcaster) Chick Hearn was like walking through Yosemite with John Muir, coming down the Grand Canyon with John Wesley Powell, standing at Gettysburg with Abraham Lincoln."

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
While listening to him, I just always assume he's high. It makes it more understandable, and enjoyable.

I have sometimes wondered if he would sound absolutely amazing if I too was high. Like some movies that are better when you're baked.
Break out your bong.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was watching the Fighting Alfords last night and Walton do the color. He didn't know if he called the Stanford-Cal or Stanford-Washington game the NIGHT BEFORE. Seriously. He was in Washington (500 miles away).