Huggins comments to Fred @ end of game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Apr 19, 2006
I am skeptical that is what Huggins actually said. He was angry. And by Coach Hoiberg's reaction, it didn't look like it was complimentary at all.

I'd agree with this. Blum is too small to read lips from that low to the floor. It looked like Hoiberg was caught off guard and had this "WTF" look on his face or was puzzled by it all.

As far as Huggins goes, I always thought he was known as being shady, hence the nickname "Thuggins". He reminds me of Francis off of Pee Wee Herman.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I always think of Lou Pinella when he wore those awful Cubs maternity dresses or whatever those tents were he wore. Huggins looks the same. Bobby Knight got that fat late in his career. Projecting power through his pouch.
I do think I would like Huggins if he was my coach. I hope he beats KU.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
It surely was not a compliment or show of respect. Fred's reaction alone shows that. I'm assuming it was some ******* and moaning about Kane's actions at the other end. Their NCAA chances went down the toilet tonight without a run in the Big12 tourney. I'd be a little grouchy too!

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Bob Huggins is a fantastic coach. He isn't as PC as some of you dainty gentlemen would like, but I guess you'll just have to deal with it.

He isn't a thug, he's just an extremely successful guy with an intense personality - I like him a lot.

...and he's the "classy guy" who gave you syphilis ...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It surely was not a compliment or show of respect. Fred's reaction alone shows that. I'm assuming it was some ******* and moaning about Kane's actions at the other end. Their NCAA chances went down the toilet tonight without a run in the Big12 tourney. I'd be a little grouchy too!

If WVU beats Kansas and finishes 9-9, they will make the tourney, IMO.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I would be he was telling Fred that Niang can ******* ball.
Fred knew this, so he was surprised Bob felt the need to tell him.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
I love Hugs...my favorite coach in the conference not named Fred.

Agree 100%...I thought he was a pretty class guy after that Final Four or Nat Champ game ( I forget) when his star player was down on the court in tears knowing his season and possibly his career was over. Huggins consoled that kid like he was his own child.