HTC Droid Eris

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Does anyone on here have the HTC Droid Eris? I'm thinking of picking one up this weekend, but wanted to make sure I shouldn't go with the Motorola Droid instead. I'm not sure I like the weight of the Droid and I don't really want the physical keyboard, but the specs of the phone are impressive.

How do those that have the HTC Droid Eris like it?

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
My wife has the Eris. She likes it for the most part. The only real downside is the battery kind of sucks but I think that's true of most smart phones. If you look around at stores that end in mart or fly you can find the Eris for pretty cheap.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I guess, anyone who might have the HTC Hero could help me as well, since I hear they're essentially the same phone. Any have a hero and willing to offer up their thoughts?

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am debating between the Moto Droid or the Samsung Omnia 2. Any opinions there?

For the original poster, Htc phones have great build quality. If you want Android, and a physical keyboard isn't important to you, the Eris is a very good deal.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
why have "droid" in the name of both phones? it makes it confusing. Also both are tm of lucas too, so he farmed out the name to both companies... weird.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Droid is short for the operating system on the phones, google's 'android'. Just a brand name verizon is using.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
why have "droid" in the name of both phones? it makes it confusing. Also both are tm of lucas too, so he farmed out the name to both companies... weird.

Droid is short for the operating system on the phones, google's 'android'. Just a brand name verizon is using.
And expect a lot more "Droid" phones... Verizon licensed the name from Lucasfilm.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Currently posting from my moto droid. I love it. Such a neat phone w a ton of features.

SwirlingFloater

Dec 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Currently posting from my moto droid. I love it. Such a neat phone w a ton of features.

Does your Moto Droid have name recognition/voice activated dialing? My old phone had this and I loved it.

My current phone has voice activated dialing, but it doesn't recognize spoken names from my contact list on its own. I have to program the voice command for each contact that I want to dial this way which is a total pain.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Does your Moto Droid have name recognition/voice activated dialing? My old phone had this and I loved it.

My current phone has voice activated dialing, but it doesn't recognize spoken names from my contact list on its own. I have to program the voice command for each contact that I want to dial this way which is a total pain.
Yea it does, its pretty neat. You can also do a voice google search. I love it!

Reactions: SwirlingFloater

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron