• other

Votes: 28 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
It seems that there are quite a few people with CF birthdays today. How did each of you come to this site the first time. I read a post on CN about this site and have been here since.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Good topic:) I'm actually coding some improvements today that will help out a lot on the search engines as well. We'll be growing 'till the cows come home...

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I came upon this sight through a link from another message board. It was at the time of the Wayne Morgan firing and new coaching search. I, like most, was obsessed with tryin to get the "latest" news and updates. I was immediately impressed with the format, the general quality of the posts, and have been an avid reader (and occasional poster) since.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
For those that are choosing other. How did you find CF? I understand Jeremy would be other since he is the creator.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I got pissed off the other sites charged to view info as well as the people on the other sites seemed arrogant, so my roommate (dbronco7sc) said "hey try this site" and I never looked back.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Like Kentkel I was looking for info at the time of the Morgan departure. Hands down, CF offered better information, (faster with fewer errors) even though it does not describe itself as a "news" site.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I came upon this sight through a link from another message board. It was at the time of the Wayne Morgan firing and new coaching search. I, like most, was obsessed with tryin to get the "latest" news and updates. I was immediately impressed with the format, the general quality of the posts, and have been an avid reader (and occasional poster) since.

Same here. And haven't looked elsewhere since!

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
I'm friends with Jeremy's sister and her husband...they told me about the site. :yes4lo:

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
I was told by some random guy. He said "Here's a website, here's your login and password, get on and tell me what you think." He never asked if I wanted to be on the site, but I didn't have much choice.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It came to me from above...in the middle of the night...message carried by a man with one leg and no arms.

Or...I may have discovered it from a different Cyclone website. I can't recall for sure...

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I was reading CrossCyed's Award-worthy blog and he referenced CF.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Some of you people are odd.....

I found it sort of by accident on Google. I think I was searching for news of goats caught up in tornadoes or something like that. One thing lead to another and BLAMMO, I found Cyclone Fanatic.

Why were you looking for goats in tornados in the first place? That has to be one of the oddest things I've heard someone search for. :baffled5wh:

I was told by some random guy. He said "Here's a website, here's your login and password, get on and tell me what you think." He never asked if I wanted to be on the site, but I didn't have much choice.

Did he at least buy you dinner or a drink before? Did he call you the next day? That almost sounds like CF Rape... my condolences.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron