How big are the Drake and UNI loses now?

Cydog04

Jan 18, 2011
Without these 2 loses we would be 19-4. We would be ranked for sure and probably only 1 or 2 games away from making the tournament. We also would not really have any bad losses on our profile. Texas would be the worst. We still have a chance to make the tourney but had we won these 2 games we would for sure and could have a chance at being a higher seed. I dont think they are as bad of loses as I originally thought cause we bounced back but they still hurt!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Bad losses but we still control our own destiny here. Keep winning and those losses will be nothing but a footnote on this season.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I dont think they are as bad of losses as it may seem. The committee does look at teams that are playing well and improving. We are one of those teams...granted I would love to have those games back but the only issue we may have is that if we do not win some of the remaining games we should then those will look very bad on the bubble watch.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Not big losses. Conference battle is much more important.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
90% of teams have bad losses right now.

Kansas lost in Kansas to Davidson
Wisconsin lost at home to Iowa
Minnesota lost twice to Iowa
Michigan lost on the road to Iowa
DRAKE lost to Iowa

It happens. Sometimes you learn more from the losses than the wins especially with a new team

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
If we'd have won them we'd be in better shape for the tournament and if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

We're playing good ball now and if we keep playing at this level we will make the tournament. No sense looking back at this point.

M6WS6

Jan 24, 2011
Ames, IA
99% of teams have bad losses right now.

DRAKE lost to Iowa

It happens. Sometimes you learn more from the losses than the wins especially with a new team

I like how all but one of your examples is about Iowa, lol

However, you could take that in a couple different ways. Iowa had some big wins, or are looked at as horrible with lucky wins.

Firx

Dec 5, 2011

DRAKE lost to Iowa

lolz.

Spam

May 21, 2008
If one could take back any 2 losses now, i dont think any one on this board would choose to take back the 2 losses you mentioned.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
9 wins in conference was never going to be enough to get to the tournament, regardless of non-conference schedule, and 8 would probably put us on the NIT bubble. If I recall, neither team has a sub-100 RPI, so they are not *bad* losses, just not good ones. 4 more wins before the Big 12 tournament guarantees us a spot, 3 should get us close. If losses to Drake and UNI are what it took to get this team to focus and play hard (a la Colorado in 2000-2001), then I've got no complaints.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
How big is that Missouri loss right now?
Imagine if we had won that like we should have. We'd be sitting real pretty right now.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I like how all but one of your examples is about Iowa, lol

However, you could take that in a couple different ways. Iowa had some big wins, or are looked at as horrible with lucky wins.

Well those are really bad losses for those teams! :twitcy: :smile:

Reactions: M6WS6

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Not really. Early season losses to instate rivals and UNI is no slouch after knocking of 12th ranked Creighton last week. Losing to TTU or TAMU at home would be 10x worse than either of these losses.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007

DRAKE lost to Iowa

This!! I swear my B-ball coach would coach to lose 1 or 2 games early in the season to get in our heads that we had to listen, work hard and pull together and we were damn good.