How big are the Drake and UNI loses now?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There are a very small handful of teams that don't have a bad loss. The nice thing is that we have our bad losses at the very beginning of the season. I'd much rather have had a slump at the beginning then have gone undefeated in non-conference and limp into the tournament.

I think you are overvaluing the weight the committee would put on those losses.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Drake hurts, UNI doesn't. If ISU and UNI played again, UNI would have a very good chance of winning again.

I know that you and I are both dual UNI/ISU fans, but I cannot agree with you on this. I do think that Drake is a "worse" loss than UNI, if it even matters at this point, but ISU is playing much better now and even with the Creighton victory UNI has fallen off performance-wise from the non-conference schedule.

The UNI team that beat Creighton could give the current ISU team a good game. The UNI team that lost to Evansville at home and at Bradley would have no chance.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh we lost to those two? I guess I forgot in the wake of us having an outside shot at the Big 12 championship and a near lock for the tournament.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Oh we lost to those two? I guess I forgot in the wake of us having an outside shot at the regular season Big 12 championship and a near lock for the tournament.
FIFY

If we can get a high seed in the Big12 tourney, we'll have a descent shot there, too.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I would personally rather have the first Kansas loss back. We'd be ranked now.

Since we're talking asinine hypotheticals here :jimlad: