House of the Dragon

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Same for me. She put her feet up and I thought that was a little strange.....and it was all downhill from there.
She knew exactly what she was doing. I’m afraid that manipulative holier than thou turd will be the last character standing. Her parenting seems to have left a lot to be desired although the corpse she married wasn’t too interested in that duty either.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
But, as her father said to her, yes he might have used her, but he did make her Queen of the realm. That's not exactly a small thing.
But was making her the queen a gift or a curse? Doesn't seem to me like she enjoys her life all that much. Kind of like the Max Von Sydow quote from Conan.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
But was making her the queen a gift or a curse? Doesn't seem to me like she enjoys her life all that much. Kind of like the Max Von Sydow quote from Conan.
Viserys sure would have been happier if not chosen I think.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Will be interesting to see what the other side of the family has been up to. Can't imagine they aren't preparing for it after seeing Viserys' condition

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Will be interesting to see what the other side of the family has been up to. Can't imagine they aren't preparing for it after seeing Viserys' condition

If I had to guess, not that much. The Blacks left for dragon stone at the end of the previous episode, and the newest one seemed to take place within 48 hours or so. All in all, it’s probably just been three days between the end of the last episode to the beginning of the new one this coming Sunday.

If I had to guess, the beginning of the next episode probably begins on dragon stone with some small talk, and then Rayneas arrives with the news.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I think they felt they won in the previous episode and the greens would follow protocol when the king dies. I'm sure they would be prepared to argue their claim to the throne, but I doubt they expected Aegon to be named without a great council.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That really him? I am usually pretty good at placing actors and actresses, but did not even come close to sniffing this one out. Good on you, if true.
Yeah, it's him. He's been great. Between him and Paddy Considine, you've got two actors who I know more for their comedy in very dramatic roles.

Reactions: CloneIce

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
That really him? I am usually pretty good at placing actors and actresses, but did not even come close to sniffing this one out. Good on you, if true.
Really? He's a pretty easy one to spot for me for some reason.

Notting Hill, Harry Potter, and one of the Spider Mans he's the villain.

MV5BNTg1OTY2NzItY2UyYy00NDdmLWE3NjEtNDhlNWU2NDg4MjQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg
MV5BNDI1ZDFiNGEtMDE5ZC00MzE4LWI5NjgtYjkxN2U1YTRhZWYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NzE4MTM@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
She knew exactly what she was doing. I’m afraid that manipulative holier than thou turd will be the last character standing. Her parenting seems to have left a lot to be desired although the corpse she married wasn’t too interested in that duty either.

I agree that she knew what she was doing and I could be wrong but I took it as what she did was pretty much the currency she used to pay for the information he provides.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
  • Haha
Reactions: dahliaclone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I agree that she knew what she was doing and I could be wrong but I took it as what she did was pretty much the currency she used to pay for the information he provides.
Right, which makes you wonder how far little Miss Prissy has gone to secure Criston’s fealty

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

I love the series, but it drives me nuts that Rhaenyra and Daemon don't have representation on the small council. They seemingly don't collect any information on the happenings in King's Landing even though they fully understand that the Green's are plotting to take the throne.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
In my opinion I don't think anything has happened between them but I could be wrong.
I think he is just going off of his bitterness towards Rhaenrya being the reason he broke his vows. He was going to kill himself because of it.

I could see there being a relationship in the future. Especially if Alicent, starts embracing her power of being a woman and not being a token in the men's world. That will eventually mess with Criston's head even more.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
In my opinion I don't think anything has happened between them but I could be wrong.
I watch with subtitles on, and there was one scene that made me think there is likely something between them.

Alicent says, "Everything you feel for me...as your queen" was how it was typed out on screen. He clearly has a loyalty to her, but it seems like it's more than that as well. The young Alicent actress also mentioned that part of the Rhaenyra/Alicent fallout was because Alicent had a crush on Cole, which was apparent in episode 1 I believe.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I love the series, but it drives me nuts that Rhaenyra and Daemon don't have representation on the small council. They seemingly don't collect any information on the happenings in King's Landing even though they fully understand that the Green's are plotting to take the throne.

I think that is somewhat yet to be seen. I think Rhaenyra believes that once the King dies, that she will ascend to the throne as was planned and expected by all the kingdom. But with Alicent being in the kings chamber and misinterpreting the song of ice and fire, that moved things in a direction that Rhaenyra and company didn't expect. Additionally, they probably felt like they put Alicent and company in place after the Kings ruling on Driftmark in the previous episode before they left after dinner.

If they had stayed in Kings landing, I think things would have been different. But when they get the news that the King died AND Aegon was crowned king, that is what will probably set them off. I think up to this point, Rhaenyra and company have been playing typical court politics while Alicent and company have been playing to stage a coup (as we saw in the small council, Otto and a couple others had been gathering allies for such an event).

Help Support Us

Become a patron