House of the Dragon

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
It took me a moment to figure out what was going on. I was like why is she taking off her shoes.... Oh I see.... Oh now this is getting really creepy!

Same for me. She put her feet up and I thought that was a little strange.....and it was all downhill from there.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Certainly reinforced how much damage a dragon can do.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
She could have ended the conflict right then and there.

She didn't want to kill Alicent. She felt bad for her when she stepped in front of her son. Another mother who is ran by men is what the spoilers say from the writers.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
She didn't want to kill Alicent. She felt bad for her when she stepped in front of her son. Another mother who is ran by men is what the spoilers say from the writers.
Yeah, the show writers in the commentary said they knew her decision to spare them would be controversial amongst the fans.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Technically Rhaenys hasn't chosen sides and no war has been declared, so it would have been strange to commit nepoticide and regecide for locking her in her bed chambers. In hindsight she could have ended it there, it makes sense in the narrative to spare them.

• Haha
Reactions: SwirlyBird

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa

I was kind of joking because that step would essentially end the show as we know it and completely change the story lines from the books I believe.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
- Alicent's life sucks sooooo hard. Married to the crypt keeper, best childhood friend now sworn enemy, shittiest kids in the world, her dad uses her as a vehicle to accumulate power for himself, object of foot man's desires, etc.
- Otto and foot man are becoming great villains, I hate them both so much
- Dragon scene definitely surprised me, obviously they couldn't have her rain down fire so I thought it was a fitting way to give Alicent the answer she requested

Reactions: isufbcurt

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Controversial in that the series would essentially end after 9 episodes?
Only controversial in that some people would feel it was dumb or weak of the character to just fly off and not end it right there. At least that's my guess. They didn't really expand on what they meant by controversial.

I could see why some people may see it as lazy writing to put her in that position and then not have her follow through with the most logical choice. I mean, she did just kill countless innocent people by having her dragon burst through the floor and suddenly she has compunction about killing people who are usurping the throne even though it would be in her best interest.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
- Alicent's life sucks sooooo hard. Married to the crypt keeper, best childhood friend now sworn enemy, shittiest kids in the world, her dad uses her as a vehicle to accumulate power for himself, object of foot man's desires, etc.
- Dragon scene definitely surprised me, obviously they couldn't have her rain down fire so I thought it was a fitting way to give Alicent the answer she requested

1666042098251.png 1666042126379.png

Hate me? Nah. Oh Lay, Oh Lay Oh Lay Oh Lay!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
But, as her father said to her, yes he might have used her, but he did make her Queen of the realm. That's not exactly a small thing.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Help Support Us

Become a patron