Hot off the press, New Coach Announced!!!!

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Is it just me or is this staff shaping up to be much better than Chizik's?

I remember being disappointed in just about every selection gene made.

Much, much better. With every announcement last time, I was scratching my head and hoping he knew what he was doing.
I totally agree with both of you. I was uneasy with Chizik's cronyism in naming his assistant coaches, but felt like I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Hindsight proves that my lack of enthusiasm over his assistant coach selections was justified.

With Rhoads, it seems like he's going out and building a staff with the best available talent he can find -- not finding a way to bring in all his friends and call them his "assistants." So far, I'm excited about the staff he's put together. I can't wait to see who his defensive coordinator will be.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Why not Coach Rhoads? He has a pretty good D Coordinator resume already.

Why not invite chizik back to be our DC? I hear that would work just about as well.:jimlad:

On a more serious note, do we really want the man who is in charge of dealing with the entire program to spend most of his time working with the D? What about offense? What about special teams? What about the entire game plan? Don't forget that PR also has a lot on his shoulders in the way of recruiting and dealing with the press. We are a big enough school to have a full football staff. Yes he probably will have a large hand in how the D is run, but it's more important that he do his job as head coach. Also, by bringing in a DC, we now have multiple people who know what they're doing with the defense; this should let us put some different plays on the field from last year, maybe even stop the pass.

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
It's all about the assistants.

And so far, I am impressed with the assistant hirings.

Amen, brother. It's already an impressive staff. If PR comes up with a world-beater for a DC, GOOD THINGS ARE GONNA BE 'A HAPPENIN' in Ames. :notworthy:What was that last head coach's name again? seem to have lost track of him.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
This is a pretty amazing hire. Former assistant head coach at A&M and Alabama...tons of recruiting experience in Texas...Several RB's in the NFL that were coached by the man...Barry Sanders....tons of big 12 experience...

Wow, these assistant hires are just getting incredibly exciting.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Now we just need for them all to head south and grab us some o' dem fooseball players. I don't care if their momma's don't want them playin that fooseball, git em anyway.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I cant express just how excited I am for this new staff. I dont know how he managed to do it, but CPR has made me go from completely unenthusiastic about next season to really really excited.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I cant express just how excited I am for this new staff. I dont know how he managed to do it, but CPR has made me go from completely unenthusiastic about next season to really really excited.

I have to be honest that I felt unenthusiastic as well but I've done a complete 180 since then. The assistants being brought in by PR are mind-blowing compared to the head scratching I was doing when Chizik was naming his. I can't wait for the game up in KC!

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I will be honest and say that I really didnt expect some of these bigger named coaches to be brought in. This just goes to show how highly respected PR is and that these coaches see his abilities and want to be part of the team. Finally, a coach that seems to be here for the long haul.

Aaron Jacobs

Sep 24, 2007
Robins, IA
Geno just hired Trooper Taylor from OK state for Assistant Coach. We need to hire someone with a good name like Trooper somewhere along the line, but we do not need a Chaplain named Rev Right.

The only chaplain I would take for ISU would be Rev Run, but seriously. With the recruiting process I'm just happy I havn't seen the term friend throw around. Also, I'm happy to see black assistant coaches, that alone will help with recruiting.

Help Support Us

Become a patron