Hot off the press, New Coach Announced!!!!

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Is it just me or is this staff shaping up to be much better than Chizik's?

I remember being disappointed in just about every selection gene made.
I agree, more a long the lines that a lot of coaches did not have great resumes, had all there experience at smaller schools, ex. McFarland, Bolt....

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
In regards to Chizik's staff...I like how Gene proclaimed McFarland the best O-Line coach in the country a month ago, and now he's not even hiring him in that position at Auburn (at least I don't think so).

Chizik hired Malzahn didn't he? Or is that in a different position?

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
I am excited the guy said it himself, "when we played against Iowa State last year I saw first hand the talent on the field" Combine that confidence in the players along with the unbelievable hire of our new O-Coordinator and I would LOVE to be a QB/RB/WR in our offense. Very well done PR

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's all about the assistants.

And so far, I am impressed with the assistant hirings.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I see at the end of that article they now have Bleil noted as the Offensive Lines coach, hence bye bye McFarland for sure....

ISUchains1Fan

May 30, 2008
McCallsburg, IA

The reason you were disappointed in the picks Gene made was cause he didn't take the time and you saw that every guy on his staff were old buddys or they coached together before. Not this staff my god I mean look at what we got so far amazing. If you would have told me ISU football was getting one of the top OC in the nation I would have called you a retard. But we did! I think Paul Rhoads is here for the long haul. I expect that there is plenty more to come. I can say this look out world BECAUSE THERE'S A STROM A COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
Franchione must have thought a lot of Coach Pope since he took him with him from TCU to Bama to A&M. Very nice hire.

Would everyone be happy with the following 3 spots:

DT - Dunn
DC/LB's - Blackwell

WR/Special teams - Grant or Rogers

I would feel better about the defensive coordinator spot if it was a co-defensive coordinator spot with Paul himself being the other co-defensive coordinator.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

quote]

Geno just hired Trooper Taylor from OK state for Assistant Coach. We need to hire someone with a good name like Trooper somewhere along the line, but we do not need a Chaplain named Rev Right.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
I can say this look out world BECAUSE THERE'S A STROM A COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world better look out. Zombie Strom Thurmond risen from the grave? Terrifying.

Strom_Thurmond.jpg

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Franchione must have thought a lot of Coach Pope since he took him with him from TCU to Bama to A&M. Very nice hire.

DT - Dunn
DC/LB's - Blackwell

I would feel better about the defensive coordinator spot if it was a co-defensive coordinator spot with Paul himself being the other co-defensive coordinator.
Would be very happy with the D-picks but I have to voice I want Rodgers again.....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am excited the guy said it himself, "when we played against Iowa State last year I saw first hand the talent on the field" Combine that confidence in the players along with the unbelievable hire of our new O-Coordinator and I would LOVE to be a QB/RB/WR in our offense. Very well done PR

Kenith Pope:
2004321.jpeg

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

DT - Dunn
DC/LB's - Blackwell

Keep in mind Rhoads said he WOULD NOT be the DC because he has too much to do as HC

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
I know, I'm just hoping he changes his mind since he is probably on of the top 15-20 defensive coordinators in the country.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Maybe, just maybe, Rhoads is a better man. Nice guys finish first sometimes. Lets hope hes that guy!

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

DT - Dunn
DC/LB's - Blackwell

I agree with you about having Paul as co-defensive coordinator, but I'd rather have someone like Shawn Simms get a shot as the other co-defensive coordinator. Simms was at Pittsburgh at the same time as Coach Rhoads. He also did a good job coaching McKenzie and Bowen when he was linebackers coach at ISU. I'm not sure where he is at now though?

Shawn Simms - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

ColSpringsClone

Jan 6, 2009

DT - Dunn
DC/LB's - Blackwell

Since Price is listed as the Defensive Line coach, I would doubt that they would hire a coach for the DT. Since normally there would be a DE coach and a DT coach, this opens up the possibility of a 3 man front. Tulsa will be running a 3-3-5 against Ball State tonight.

Reactions: Wesley