[Hold on, it’s not over yet] PATHWAY TO DALLAS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1. Vegas is a believer in Oklahoma running the table
2. Vegas very much values Iowa State's head-to-head win over Oklahoma
3. Vegas isn't buying KState. Without Skylar, they might be an underdog in their final 5 games

re: ksu
Still, 3-0 with a win over OU and road win against TCU. That's a great starting position (the same great starting position we have)

Any team in second place has a shot at a title. 4-2 from here very likely gets KSU into that game.

Can they go 4-2? Doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
It is just as accurate as a “Pathway to Dallas”. Ames is as much a part of Des Moines as Arlington Is a part of Dallas.
Everything I can find includes Arlington in some type of metropolitan area with Dallas, be it called Dallas, Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, or the official title of "Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlintgon" for the US Office of Management and Budget.

Absolutely nothing anywhere includes Ames in the Des Moines metropolitan area. There are at least 20 miles of rural land, fields, and tiny towns in between (it is not a continuous urban area).

You have the right to be irritated by those who just say Dallas instead of Arlington, or instead of Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington. Maybe you're justified in being offended by this thread title. I can have sympathy for those types of slights (we all hate it when national media calls ISU the "Hawkeyes").

Saying that Ames is as much a part of Des Moines as Arlington is a part of Dallas -- well that's just factually inaccurate.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Still, 3-0 with a win over OU and road win against TCU. That's a great starting position (the same great starting position we have)

Any team in second place has a shot at a title. 4-2 from here very likely gets KSU into that game.

Not if those losses are to ISU and OSU

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

Wow -- that makes no sense to me. Oklahoma's odds are more than twice as good as any other team (unless I'm totally misunderstanding).
I suppose ISU over OSU could make sense since OSU hasn't played Oklahoma yet. KSU, though -- a distant fifth best odds.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

K-State has a statistically horrible defense, and they just lost the quarterback who was carrying their offense on his shoulders. That’s gonna catch up to them.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
With Thompson out for the season, It's one a 3 team race between OU, OSU, and ISU. I don't see KSU beating Texas, OSU, or ISU with their backup quarterback but I could be surprised.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Iowa St. played some very tough competition and won each of those games. On the other hand Louisiana continues to win but by razor thin margins vs. SBC schools. It’s all relative but I think the pollsters are correct.

At this point I need Iowa St. to keep grinding and Cincinnati and SMU to fail...and of course the Cajuns to stay on the heater! Our eyes are squarely set on the NY6 Bowl Game!

I think you need to start rooting hard against BYU.

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
I think you need to start rooting hard against BYU.
I thought about that and the general consensus I’m hearing is that BYU is not in the Group of 5. They are an independent with a National Championship from years past.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Are they saying then that the most likely title game is ISU/OU rematch with OU winning? Thats how I'd interpret this I guess.

Must be. I'm going full kool-aid and thinking that 3 losses for ISU isn't likely with the dumpster fire the rest of this conference is right now. So I guess they're thinking OSU losses to OU and at least 1 more. KSU loses at least 3 games and OU runs the table.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
the above kinda confirms my thoughts that I wanted Texas to beat OU to ensure OU wouldn’t be able to catch up. I would bet both teams playing in Dallas likely have 2 losses and will all come down to Tiebreakers.

I felt like Texas would have a better chance of losing two more times on the schedule

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
the above kinda confirms my thoughts that I wanted Texas to beat OU to ensure OU wouldn’t be able to catch up. I would bet both teams playing in Dallas likely have 2 losses and will all come down to Tiebreakers.

I felt like Texas would have a better chance of losing two more times on the schedule

Yeah, I don't know that OU has too many more L's on their schedule. They've played 3 out of the better 4 teams in the conference. Only Bedlam is left and they seem to have OSU's number. They are not losing to WV, Baylor, KU, TT, TCU. The good thing is that we have a tiebreaker over them. But if multiple teams are 7-2 in conference, who knows what the tiebreakers are. We could easily be left out. Gotta have KSU pick up a few losses without Skylar Thompson. Of course, if we beat OSU next weekend, we are flat out in the drivers seat.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Are they saying then that the most likely title game is ISU/OU rematch with OU winning? Thats how I'd interpret this I guess.

That's my hunch, too, it's B12 title game vs. regular season champion. Assumption of OU needing to win out AND ISU dropping 3 — That could happen, of course, but giving OU the edge in that scenario, at this point, not sure ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State was a 28-point dog v. OU; 10-point underdog v. CU. And 3 v. TxT.

I guess if it's important to talk about this stuff, you boys have at it. But it's senseless this early in the season. And that's all I have to say about it.

• Dumb
Reactions: cstrunk

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
K-State was a 28-point dog v. OU; 10-point underdog v. CU. And 3 v. TxT.

I guess if it's important to talk about this stuff, you boys have at it. But it's senseless this early in the season. And that's all I have to say about it.

When you're not removing emojis to re-ad them to make fun of me even though its results oriented right?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Having a title game is a joke to begin with. Unlike any of the other P5 conference, every Big 12 team plays every other Big 12 team, so the real champion is decided in the regular season.