Hilton (How can we make it even better?)

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Just a guess here ... Hoiberg would not want extra attention to his entrance above the normal applause / cheering that happens now ... in deference to "Here's Johnny."
I am not saying that Fred would want it, only saying I wish people would get to their seats earlier so that the atmosphere improves prior to tip off. People LOVE Fred, it is an easy way to get the noise level up. Don't need to change a thing, just have people show up earlier when possible.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I am not saying that Fred would want it, only saying I wish people would get to their seats earlier so that the atmosphere improves prior to tip off. People LOVE Fred, it is an easy way to get the noise level up. Don't need to change a thing, just have people show up earlier when possible.

Yea, they don't make a big deal, but he HAS had his own theme music the last couple years (I think it's been "Let It Rock"). People just aren't settled in enough to acknowledge it.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
Just a small modification to the sound boards should do the trick...

eleven-11.jpg

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines
I'll never understand the deal about wearing a hat. Before I get ridiculed, yes I do that off my hat like I'm supposed to for the national anthem. I'm curious for the reasoning behind it. What started people doing it? What makes me taking off my hat a sign of respect?

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I'll never understand the deal about wearing a hat. Before I get ridiculed, yes I do that off my hat like I'm supposed to for the national anthem. I'm curious for the reasoning behind it. What started people doing it? What makes me taking off my hat a sign of respect?

Because when you were a knight, you took off your helmet at the door to show respect and it was a sign that you come in peace, not ready for battle.

At least that's what my high school chemistry/physics teacher told me in 1994.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
Oh for crying out loud. Are we debating this? Why don't we go ahead and talk about how it is against etiquette to clap after the Star Spangled Banner?

Real ways to improve the atmosphere: Bring lights down and spot light player entrances, change from jock jams for the love of God. Not only is it from '95 it is cliche as ****. Bring back hit tapes. Introduce a visually effective and intimidating action in the student section. Maybe something like the student section moving upper torso in a circular motion (imitating that of a cyclone?)? It seems cheesy, but it would be cool to see visually. I am sure there are other ideas out there that would be really cool to see, it just takes someone to get the body organized.

buchacho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Baltimore, MD
The Star Spangled Banner is for paying respect to our country, not to be screamed at the top of the lungs as an intimidation tactic. I would think there are other avenues that could be explored that would be more appropriate. Get a good video put together and use appropriate lights and music and the already hyped up crowd will take care of the rest.

This is just so, hmmm, I can't even. If you don't think fifteen thousand fans singing the National Anthem sounds incredible, then I have no idea what to think. Here are two example off of the top of my head with twenty thousand drunk and rowdy soccer fans singing the National Anthem that just bring all the goosebumps.

[video=youtube;GGr0CjwQvKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGr0CjwQvKU[/video]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron