Hey Gilbert

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
U suck dude.

Now that I have officially dogged u, prove me wrong and get UT going or this game is going to be a suckfest.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
think of all of the blowouts this year that TX should have given him more playing time. I dont understand the approach.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn't say that Gilbert is great, but a guy from Texas has to catch one of his passes in order for them to succeed. One TD pass dropped. Shovel pass bobbled and subsequently returned for a TD. Could be 13-17 here instead of 6-24.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Gilbert probably had like 5 minutes of working with the first team and is playing against one of the best defenses in the country. Put yourself in his shoes.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
think of all of the blowouts this year that TX should have given him more playing time. I dont understand the approach.

Inflating numbers for Colt to get a Heisman I would guess would reduce the Freshman QB playing time during the blowouts?

Z

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Gilbert probably had like 5 minutes of working with the first team and is playing against one of the best defenses in the country. Put yourself in his shoes.

Rather put myself in Jerome Tiller's shoes getting my first start on the road at Nebraska against one the best defenses in the country... and oh yeah....winning the f'n game.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Seriously????

The guy isn't playing poorly. He is doing what they tell him to do. Throws a great pass in the end zone- Dropped. Overthrows Shipley- but other than that, is doing fine.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Gilbert is a 5* qb on a roster loaded with talent. As #2 he should be expected to come in and not embarrass himself like he has so far.

This reminds of Vandenberg coming in for the Hawkeyes against Northwestern. Frustrating to watch someone so unfit to be in that position with so much on the line.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I wonder how much gilbert has played this season? Like blowouts and stuff.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The young man has been thrown under the biggest spotlight in college football, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting to be there. I'll give him a lot of slack for that. Herbie is right, the other players need to pick it up for him. Block better, run your routes better, hit the hole better and catch the ball better. That last INT wasn't the greatest little pitch, but the RB could have gotten it, and it would probably have helped if the lineman had held up just a little more.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
umm is he 1-9 with two int?
omg this is bad for texas...

1 of 10 for -4 yards and 2 INT. That shovel pass was a ridiculous throw. Too high and hard for that close. Then he couldn't even tackle the big fellow which would have saved a TD given there were only a few seconds on the clock.

Of course, what the hell is UT thinking on a shovel pass. Should have just run out the clock since they get the ball back.

Gilbert needs to grow up in a hurry. I was all jacked to watch this game and it is becoming a real dud.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I agree w/ those saying this is on the coaches who didn't play him in more garbage time situations. Garbage time is better than no time.

I'm also surprised that their top back-up is a TRUE freshman.