Here's a DE we should call ASAP.....

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Interesting development with this young man that we had offered and after being committed to Michigan, they said they may not have room for him....so he decommitted!

https://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/football/recruiting/player-Rashad-Weaver-177103

Good size and incredible edge speed....thats what our defense needs.....

Please CMC - go get this dude signed up, show him he can again be a plan A and not Plan B....

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Just emailed Pollard, I marked it with high importance and set it for a read receipt so Ill let you know when he reads it.

justafan111

Jan 18, 2016
Unbelievable the crap Harbaugh is pulling with kids over there. I understand that cfb is a business but this is just wrong.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Unbelievable the crap Harbaugh is pulling with kids over there. I understand that cfb is a business but this is just wrong.

Is it any different than say telling existing kids already on scholarship that we don't have a scholly for u anymore? Just curious as to what your thoughts are on that.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
That's my first reaction, too. But, then, frequently, kids decommit, or if they stay committed continue to visit other schools . . . two-way street these days, I guess.

Last edited:

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Is it any different than say telling existing kids already on scholarship that we don't have a scholly for u anymore? Just curious as to what your thoughts are on that.

They do not pull scholarships. They do invite individuals into private meetings in coach's offices and lay it out that they are so far down the depth chart that they will never see the field. And they will help them find another school where they can compete thru coaching connections.
'

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They do not pull scholarships. They do invite individuals into private meetings in coach's offices and lay it out that they are so far down the depth chart that they will never see the field. And they will help them find another school where they can compete thru coaching connections.
'

Sometimes they are pulled. To avoid any issues about recent players I will go with Tim Floyd. He literally cleaned house on JOs players that weren't what he wanted. Had a couple that I spoke with that said scholly was gone and they had an open transfer.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
You're blind living in fantasy land if you don't think all good teams do that type of stuff. That's why they are good, because they do what it takes to get good and stay good.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

A little different. Different coaches, different styles where existing players may not fit the new regime's template.
Harbaugh is offering then unoffering. One person on both the giving and not giving side of the equation.

Not saying it's RIGHT, but there is a difference.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If it wasn't Harbaugh and Michigan it probably would never have been news. This probably happens way more often than most care to believe. Had a guy on my floor when I was at ISU that had a scholarship offer to play football for ISU then ISU pulled the offer when he blew his knee out during his senior season of HS. By the time he had rehabbed it was too late to try to walk on. Granted that is a little different than someone who is healthy but in an age where kids are backing out of commitments or transferrring I really don't see a big issue with this and if the kid is any good he will surely find another good offer. It's still before signing day, it's not like this kid signed with Michigan then a week later Harbaugh needed the scholarship to scoop up a kid that hadn't signed yet.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I thought the BIG was offering solid four year schollies. Wait. They get pulled before they sign?

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
If it wasn't Harbaugh and Michigan it probably would never have been news. This probably happens way more often than most care to believe. Had a guy on my floor when I was at ISU that had a scholarship offer to play football for ISU then ISU pulled the offer when he blew his knee out during his senior season of HS. By the time he had rehabbed it was too late to try to walk on. Granted that is a little different than someone who is healthy but in an age where kids are backing out of commitments or transferrring I really don't see a big issue with this and if the kid is any good he will surely find another good offer. It's still before signing day, it's not like this kid signed with Michigan then a week later Harbaugh needed the scholarship to scoop up a kid that hadn't signed yet.

Pulling due to injuries or question marks happens all the time. ISU pulled my offer due to an injury my senior year as did every other D1 program. Things still worked out great for me, just not at ISU. I obviously held no grudge against ISU or any other school, it's part of the recruiting game. I wasn't medically cleared until after signing day so the schools had to do what they had to do. Especially on my injury as there was a chance i may never get back to full strength.