hawk fb program headed to the bottom

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
ISU should at least get a win over OU every 15 years, rite? Going on 24 years now.

Blame it on Rhoads. Rhoads beat Texas at Texas. Rhoads beat Nebraska at Lincoln. Rhoads beat #2 Okie State. Damn Rhoads. He hasn't beaten Oklahoma. Bring back Jim Walden.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Blame it on Rhoads. Rhoads beat Texas at Texas. Rhoads beat Nebraska at Lincoln. Rhoads beat #2 Okie State. Damn Rhoads. He hasn't beaten Oklahoma. Bring back Jim Walden.

I bet Seneca could have beaten this OU team. Wouldn't you think? Those early 2000s OU teams were incredible.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Blame it on Jamie Pollard. Jamie is friends with Rhoads. Jamie won't fire Rhoads. Damn Pollard. Let's fire Pollard. Letting friendships get in the way of doing his job. Fire him. Let's get a good AD

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I bet Seneca could have beaten this OU team. Wouldn't you think? Those early 2000s OU teams were incredible.

Nope. We have 5 wins in about 80 games. That is why it was such an advantage to avoid playing the Sooners half the time when we had two divisions in the Big 12.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Nope. We have 5 wins in about 80 games. That is why it was such an advantage to avoid playing the Sooners half the time when we had two divisions in the Big 12.

Okla State beat them last year with a pretty mediocre squad. Stoops may be on his way out of there soon.

Twilight

Apr 20, 2015
Standing right on top of them...just above rock bottom.

You're so delusional, Kid. Our program is ranked in the hundreds. We're not on top of them. You're literally obsessed with the Iowa Hawkeyes. Let's focus on ISU. You just don't want to do that.. Hahahah goodness, what a tavernclone.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Not at all. The local jh team was undefeated. Glad they don't have to deal with this crazy schedule argument.

Hawks can't hold a candle to their win total. The jh program is clearly the better program.

Too funny.

At 2-10?

Let me guess - this is going to be a Strength of Schedule argument. Right?

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I can't believe I just read this entire thread.

mars-attacks-head-explode-2-o.gif

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Did he notice you just flipped his argument on himself?

So whom you play does matter? I just don't believe it. :)

JustAFleshWound

Apr 21, 2015
Well, for someone who just started reading the site a few days ago, this has been an eye opener. Entertaining, for sure. But also in a "pound my forehead against the wall" kind of way.

I don't know this D Up individual on a personal level - and he may be a prince of a person, pillar of the community, respected family man. I suspect he may be. But he also seems like the kind of guy who, while at someone's house for a party, stands in the corner talking loudly and waving his arms and saying the same thing over and over and over until everyone else kind of drifts away in disgust. And then he grins and thinks he's won something.

Other than that - Go Clones and Go Gophers!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Well, for someone who just started reading the site a few days ago, this has been an eye opener. Entertaining, for sure. But also in a "pound my forehead against the wall" kind of way.

I don't know this D Up individual on a personal level - and he may be a prince of a person, pillar of the community, respected family man. I suspect he may be. But he also seems like the kind of guy who, while at someone's house for a party, stands in the corner talking loudly and waving his arms and saying the same thing over and over and over until everyone else kind of drifts away in disgust. And then he grins and thinks he's won something.

You just described almost everyone in the Rivalry forum on HN

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Or he may be the kind of guy that would stand quietly listening to three hawk fans (with zero athletic background) talk about their great win over northwestern and how isu upset them "again."

Then he goes home and reads a CYCLONE message board where several posters are posing as cyclone fans explaining how the FACTS about isu and Iowa just don't matter.

It's the opinions of hawk fans that really matter.

He then decides to get them all riled up and exposed by posting facts about the Iowa and ISU programs.

It's unbelievable that guy has the temerity to do that.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
You may also want to work on the idea of getting people worked up. The only ones I see getting worked up are ISU fans because you are embarrassing them.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Research on the fictional three guys at a party?

I am constantly amazed at the lack of comprehension skills on message boards.

I am guessing you are referring to your athletic background. If you have one, you would know only a loser talks crap to the team that beat him. End of story.

You do absolutely no research before you post, do you?

In case it may slip you up - that there would be what is called a rhetorical question.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron