Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The wife and I bought "Lost in Translation" on DVD. I love bill Murray. We kept watching the damn movie for somthing to happen. Nothin happened. We threw it away when we were done. Horrible freakin movie. If I would have been in a theatre I would have walked out.
I generally pick movies in the theatres better than DVD. In order for me to go to a theatre I really need to know what I am gong to spend that much money on. Ill give any DVD a try.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The wife and I bought "Lost in Translation" on DVD. I love bill Murray. We kept watching the damn movie for somthing to happen. Nothin happened. We threw it away when we were done. Horrible freakin movie. If I would have been in a theatre I would have walked out.
I generally pick movies in the theatres better than DVD. In order for me to go to a theatre I really need to know what I am gong to spend that much money on. Ill give any DVD a try.

I watched that movie with my wife too...what did happen in that film? What was the point or the ending? It was boring for sure...but I can't remember any conclusion to it...

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Battlefield Earth
Anchorman*
The English Patient

* I did watch it a second time and enjoyed it. Teh first 30 minutes of that movie are just terribad.
Im-not-even-Mad-Ron-Burgandy-Anchorman.gif

Attachments

• Im-not-even-Mad-Ron-Burgandy-Anchorman.gif
    Im-not-even-Mad-Ron-Burgandy-Anchorman.gif
    2 MB · Views: 15

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I paid $1 to go see Alex Cross, never heard of it before and it was the only one that was $1 that I hadn't seen.

Saw Tyler Perry

Got the **** out

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Walked out of xXx with Vin Diesel... worst movie of all time.

Only other time I did was when I 6 and my dad and left the movie 'Willow' because the little pig things scared me... we snuck into Short Circuit, which as most of you know was amazing!

For the record, I have rewatched Willow and found it to be pretty great too

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I kind of get what he's saying. I very much enjoyed the LOTR series when it came out, and still think they are great movies, but I haven't been able to work up any enthusiasm to re-watch them again or get out and see The Hobbit movies. Just burned out on visiting that world I guess.

I think it was with about 30 mins left in the third one (Return of the King maybe) and I got the feeling that "alright it's time to wrap this thing up." Holy hell talk about a drawn out movie.

Much like you, I haven't mustered up the want to sit through another one of those or re-watch the original three. Bunch of my friends went to the Smaug movie this weekend and said it was terrible. I think i'll just permanently stay away from the series.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I think it was with about 30 mins left in the third one (Return of the King maybe) and I got the feeling that "alright it's time to wrap this thing up." Holy hell talk about a drawn out movie.

Much like you, I haven't mustered up the want to sit through another one of those or re-watch the original three. Bunch of my friends went to the Smaug movie this weekend and said it was terrible. I think i'll just permanently stay away from the series.

You need knew friends.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Tomb raider. It was at ames dollar theater. We went 20 minutes thinking it couldnt beas bad as it seened but kept getting worse.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
"The Fisher King" -- horrible movie. A good friend and I walked out after about 25 minutes or so and then snuck into Robin Hood:prince of Thieves which was showing at the same time. That movie was better, but that's not saying much.

I actually liked "The Fisher King".

They used to show midnight movies in the campustown theater. Walked out of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Too gory for my girlfriend, now wife. (And me!)

And walked out of "Fritz the Cat". Four of us went, expecting something funny, but it was plain stupid, so we left.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Went to 'Pulse' on a first date with my now wife. We both desperately wanted to leave but it was one of those "but what if the other person likes it" things and being a first date, we didn't want to disappoint the other. We both sat through that terrible movie and as we were leaving, we both found out the other wanted to leave.

CYclist

Mar 17, 2006
Only time I came close was Cry Baby. It was so bad, but just had to stay to see how much worse it could get. There were about 20 people in the theatre when it started and 6 when it finished.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Only time I came close was Cry Baby. It was so bad, but just had to stay to see how much worse it could get. There were about 20 people in the theatre when it started and 6 when it finished.

When we first started dating in HS my wife's friends forced me to watch that movie. The only good thing to come out of it was that I will know randomly say I hate things because they killed my father.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Once, "Kung Fu Hustle"
About 30 minutes in, there was an older woman wandering about the theater for about 5 minutes. So I got up and asked her if she needed any assistance. She said she was trying to figure out how to get out. So I showed her out. I then decided there was really no reason to go back in and left. I have since tried to watch it on cable and I just can't do it.
Kung Fu Hustle is a good movie.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Many years ago I was with a couple friends and we walked out of Three Amigos. I love dumb humor as much as the next guy but that movie was dumber than dumb. We had a friend who worked at the theater and he let us into Star Trek IV instead.

you gotta be kidding me. you went from Three Amigos to Star Trek IV? that's says plenty.

Reactions: Angie

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Never walked out but when we were kids my mom took us to an R rated movie, just because there was only one theatre in town and she wanted to take us to a movie. Once there was more than incidental boobage, we were gathered up and trotted out. This was probably about 1969 or so.

Hated Every Which Way But Loose (or maybe it was the followup). My roommates loved them and I somehow decided to tag along. I probably would have walked out if I'd been by myself.

Lastly, the Steve Martin version of Sgt. Bilko was bad. Three of us former roommate got together a couple times a year and we picked that one. I looked over at one point and both of them were gap-jawed and eyes shut.

I haven't been to a theatre to see a movie since 2007 when the Simpsons movie came out, so I'm not a real movie buff. Most people would be shocked at the number of famous movies I've never seen.

Sgt Bilko was terrible

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Went to that, thought about walking out, didn't. Stayed for the whole damn thing. Easily the worst movie I've ever seen, by a very long way. While we didn't walk out, though, there was a group of people in wheelchairs (like 5 or 6) that all did.

It was so bad that they got out of their wheelchairs and WALKED out? That's AMAZING!