Have you ever walked out of a movie?

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I have walked out of two movies in my life.
1) Gone Fishin'
2) House of the Dead

These are two of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life and I have seen a lot of movies.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
OK, I guess it would be a little of both. Hated his character for sure, but also thought he wasn't the right actor for that part. Maybe Mr. Rogers or Justin Bieber would have better fit the role of the weak, neutered, helpless police officer.

IF you just want to watch a cowboy beat up some bad guys, why didn't you just go rent a John Wayne movie? Sounds like you would have been happier.

Note: I also like John Wayne movies. There is room in this world for both things.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
IF you just want to watch a cowboy beat up some bad guys, why didn't you just go rent a John Wayne movie? Sounds like you would have been happier.

Note: I also like John Wayne movies. There is room in this world for both things.

Both types of movies are fine, my point being that Tommy Lee didn't fit that role, or maybe the other way around, the role didn't fit Tommy Lee. A weaker, wimpier actor would have fit the role of a very ineffective "cowboy" better than Tommy Lee.

Summary Analysis: Movie = sucked. Tommy Lee = poor role for him to portray. Javier = excellent acting as a "bad guy".

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Please, move on, nothing to see here. Comment about other posters selections. Sorry to stir up such a hornet nest.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Ok, last time I am going to explain myself. I went with two of my buddies. I grew up in Clarion(3000 people) and at that point there were no sports going on and I didn't drink so there wasn't much else to do on a Friday night. I cannot stand fantasy or sci fi movies but I went anyway because I didn't want to sit at home with my parents. I paid $2 and sat there for 30 min or so and was just not interested whatsoever. I left and cruised the loop with some girls because it seemed much more interesting. Plain and simple, I never intended to enjoy the movie so I had no issue leaving.

So, leaving a movie you never intended to like 30 minutes in was the best decision of your life?

supercooldudeissupercool

all us nerdz know who the cool guy is now.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I haven't walked out of a movie in a long time but the last movie I walked out of was the 3rd lord of the rings movie. I'd never seen the others but my brother in law wanted to see it so I went. Half way through I had to just leave. I ended up playing in the arcade for quite awhile since he finished the movie. Everyone raves about those movies but there just not for me. I've seen parts from all of them and haven't enjoyed any of it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
A couple that I wanted to walk out on but the wife wouldn't allow it: Beloved and Titantic (I fell asleep in that one so it wasn't a big deal). The only one I ever walked out during was Dying Young, and that was when Julia Roberts was a-list talent. What a horrible trio of movies.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Not because it was bad. The lady friend was jus REALLY frisky at that time.

Yeah, same thing for me. I walked out of Bram Stokers Dracula. Moving was boring and girlfriend at the time was more interesting.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I love movies. I really love off-beat movies at The Fleur. I've never walked out - but I actually got mad at myself for not walking out in the middle of The Tree of Life. I became resolute that I had to watch the rest of it because somehow, it would all eventually be explained. Ahhhh, no.

And Pulp Fiction. What a sucky, sucky movie.

Wow, Pulp Fiction? I get the LOTR, just because they're long and fantasy movies aren't for everyone (I loved them and the Hobbit movies are great too), but Pulp Fiction? That is just a classic movie. The only way I could see people not liking it is because the timeline confuses them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron