Have you ever walked out of a movie?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Wanted to leave "White Chicks" early but I was with others that didn't want to leave...not because they liked it but didn't want to be rude! That is the worst movie I have seen in a theater! Terrible!

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Oh, and I walked out in the middle of a Broadway production of Chicago... Tickets were cheap for a reason, the show was cheap and terrible (just looking to cash in on the name still). I was falling asleep it was so boring, got sick of it and walked out 1/3 of the way in... Tourists were aghast and mumbling as I walked out, but it was by far the worst live production I have ever seen. Still irritated that we opted to see that instead of American Idiot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
5040_razyskivayutsya-v-malibu_or_malibus-most-wanted_1024x768_%28www.GdeFon.ru%29.jpg

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
"The Fisher King" -- horrible movie. A good friend and I walked out after about 25 minutes or so and then snuck into Robin Hood:prince of Thieves which was showing at the same time. That movie was better, but that's not saying much.

I think The Fisher King is a pretty decent movie. Probably tough to sit through in the theater though. A little drawn out.

Robin Hood POT was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I even had the soundtrack. A lot of bow and arrow fights with my friends after that one.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
- Talladega Nights. - Will Ferrell's movies had already become bland and unfunny when this was released...probably the worst Ferrell movie, IMO.

- Some Ashton Kutcher chick flick my wife took me to...bad enough I don't even remember the title, but she followed me out the door anyway, so I didn't have to grudge through it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You walked out of "Gods and Generals"? Seriously? I thought that was a good a movie. For me, I walked out of "Joe Versus the Volcano". I thought that was the stupidest movie I've ever seen.

Yeah, i made it through Gods and Generals. It was way too long but i dont remember it being a bad movie.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"The Fisher King" -- horrible movie. A good friend and I walked out after about 25 minutes or so and then snuck into Robin Hood:prince of Thieves which was showing at the same time. That movie was better, but that's not saying much.

Fisher King was slow and strange, but I still really like it. I walked out of Bright Lights, Big City. Not sure why we went there in the first place, but it was just horrible.

Jar Jar Binks had me really really close to walking out of Episode 1. As it was, it just made me regret waiting in line to see it.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Only movie I have ever walked out of was the first Lord of the Rings...best decision of my life. And at the time movies in my hometown only cost $2 or $2.50. That series has gone on WAY WAY WAY too long.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Never walked out but when we were kids my mom took us to an R rated movie, just because there was only one theatre in town and she wanted to take us to a movie. Once there was more than incidental boobage, we were gathered up and trotted out. This was probably about 1969 or so.

Hated Every Which Way But Loose (or maybe it was the followup). My roommate loved them and I somehow decided to tag along. I probably would have walked out if I'd been by myself.

Lastly, the Steve Martin version of Sgt. Bilko was bad. Three of us former roommates got together a couple times a year and we picked that one. I looked over at one point and both of them were gap-jawed and eyes shut.

I haven't been to a theatre to see a movie since 2007 when the Simpsons movie came out, so I'm not a real movie buff. Most people would be shocked at the number of famous movies I've never seen.

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
*face palm*

I kind of get what he's saying. I very much enjoyed the LOTR series when it came out, and still think they are great movies, but I haven't been able to work up any enthusiasm to re-watch them again or get out and see The Hobbit movies. Just burned out on visiting that world I guess.