Have you ever walked out of a movie?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I've never done this. I feel like you are getting screwed out of the comfort of the theater, at the very least, since it is protecting you from the cold or heat depending on the season.

And this is from a person who sat through all off "Leonard Part 6."

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I almost walked out of Freddy Got Fingered. I thought Tom Green was kind of funny at the time and there were some funny moments in the movie but overall it was terrible.

There were only 4 or 5 people in the theater.

Backwards man, backwards man...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We rarely spend the money for theaters any more (unless it's a movie that really REALLY needs to be seen on a big screen), but we used to sit through stupid/bad movies when we rented them, and we'd tell ourselves that it had to get better soon.

With the flat rate from Netflix, we don't do that any more. Life is too short to spend it watching crap. We turn it off & send it back. :)

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
You walked out of "Gods and Generals"? Seriously? I thought that was a good a movie. For me, I walked out of "Joe Versus the Volcano". I thought that was the stupidest movie I've ever seen.

Oh c'mon! The luggage raft! Orange-soda loving islanders! BRAIN CLOUD!!! That movie is gold.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You walked out of "Gods and Generals"? Seriously? I thought that was a good a movie. For me, I walked out of "Joe Versus the Volcano". I thought that was the stupidest movie I've ever seen.

You didn't like Joe? That's classic Hanks man.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I don't watch a lot of movies but I feel asleep during the only Harry Potter movie I went to.

My dad walked out of Avenue Q play in Las Vegas one time. That was kind of embarrassing.
I remember seeing Avenue Q at the Civic Center and noticed a few families that brought children. We were betting the over/under on how long it would take for them to leave the show.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I remember seeing Avenue Q at the Civic Center and noticed a few families that brought children. We were betting the over/under on how long it would take for them to leave the show.

You'd think you would read one review or synopsis of a show before putting down the money for a Broadway tour performance.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Wait, what? You walked out on the Three Amigos?! Are you serious? That is an all time great movie. The 3 just reunited on SNL just a few months ago and it made news. Wow...
Yes, it's true. Maybe we wouldn't have had we not known our friend would let us into something else.

Steve Martin, Martin Short, Chevy Chase, Lorne Michaels...sounds like something I should automatically love.

And just because of your good-natured ridicule, I'm going to rent it this weekend.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
My friend and I walked out of "The Flinstones" when I was younger. The only reason we stayed as long as we did was because of Halle Berry in a loin cloth.

Also, my wife(girlfriend at the time) and I walked out of "Dr. T and the Women." We got to the theatre late and that was the only option we had. Who knew a movie about a gynecologist was going to suck!!

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
You didn't like Joe? That's classic Hanks man.

I think it was Meg Ryan that ruined it for me, but not sure. It was a tragically LONG movie, and I remember that not a single person in the sold out theater laughed throughout the entire movie. Just bizarre. I wanted to like it. But it was just...bad.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
"The Fisher King" -- horrible movie. A good friend and I walked out after about 25 minutes or so and then snuck into Robin Hood:prince of Thieves which was showing at the same time. That movie was better, but that's not saying much.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Battlefield Earth
Anchorman*
The English Patient

* I did watch it a second time and enjoyed it. Teh first 30 minutes of that movie are just terribad.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think it was Meg Ryan that ruined it for me, but not sure. It was a tragically LONG movie, and I remember that not a single person in the sold out theater laughed throughout the entire movie. Just bizarre. I wanted to like it. But it was just...bad.

To be fair, that movie was made to be watched from your couch, hung over on a Saturday morning/afternoon, not in the theater.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
No.

But then again I don't see anything and everything at the theater. I pick and choose what I feel is worth watching on the big screen (aided by reviews).

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Nick Cage in Snake Eyes... walked out 30 minutes in. Also walked out of Halloween H2O, though that was encouraged as the projector broke and was going to take 20 minutes to replace.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
The only time I've walked out on a movie was not by choice. My wife made us walk out of Contagion because she legitimately thought that the white trash mom who brought her little kids to the movie and then proceeded to talk loudly through the whole thing was going to try to fight her in theater after my wife shushed her.

Otherwise, if I was able to sit all the way through Crossroads in high school, I can sit all the way through anything.

This made me laugh because I can visualize what this would have taken for her to feel that way and the resulting deep concern.

BeTheCyclone

Oct 19, 2010
Seven Psychopaths. Only movie I have ever walked out of. Probably would have stayed if it wasn't for the look on my wife's face. But the movie was beyond gore.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Once, "Kung Fu Hustle"
About 30 minutes in, there was an older woman wandering about the theater for about 5 minutes. So I got up and asked her if she needed any assistance. She said she was trying to figure out how to get out. So I showed her out. I then decided there was really no reason to go back in and left. I have since tried to watch it on cable and I just can't do it.

Should have stayed. I thought it was a very fun movie.

I walked out of "Bridges of Madison County." What a bunch of tripe.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Once, "Kung Fu Hustle"
About 30 minutes in, there was an older woman wandering about the theater for about 5 minutes. So I got up and asked her if she needed any assistance. She said she was trying to figure out how to get out. So I showed her out. I then decided there was really no reason to go back in and left. I have since tried to watch it on cable and I just can't do it.

Just goes to show that there's no accounting for taste. Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favorites.

The only movie I've walked out of was Bicentennial Man, starring Robin Williams.