Have you ever been embarrassed to wear Cyclone Gear?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I do think that was worded poorly by the players and coach. I get what they meant, but it maybe has a little shade of Paul Rhoads who was constantly saying how bad things were when he got here. Some of it is maybe a little bit defensive as the season didn't go as they'd hoped.

As for being embarrassed? Never. My only embarrassment would be actually showing someone my closet, which has an entire shelf just for ISU shirts. I probably buy 1-2 sweatshirts/hoodies and 2-4 T-shirts and 1-2 hats every year and I'm not to the point of "outgrowing" anything yet. So that's probably a little embarrassing to the non-fan.

LowOverhead

Jun 15, 2015
Was SE Iowa
Embarrassed, never. Cautious when at U of Iowa hospital, I’ll remove ISU magnets from our car as I don’t like them stolen or put on upside down. The guys at valet parking at the hospital joke around upon seeing our ISU license plates. During my stays there, the room is ISU decorated.

I gave a presentation at the country club in Muscatine. Brought my own ISU banner for the podium. Maybe made some self-deprecating jokes in good fun, but not embarrassed, ever.

I will never speak ill of Paul Rhodes. He heard about an ill friend of mine and went to my friend’s home and visited with my friend during my friend‘s final days.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup and NWICY

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Oh great, look what you guys did.

Must be real slow on topics he could have covered. I expect a lot more out of Murph than to play such a small clip which is taken so far out of context.

Bluffers

Sep 16, 2009
Ames
To answer the original question. "Never, anywhere, anytime."
50 years and counting.
Simple as that.
And there are thousands of us out there.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
To answer the original question. "Never, anywhere, anytime."
50 years and counting.
Simple as that.
And there are thousands of us out there.
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Reactions: Bluffers