Have you ever been embarrassed to wear Cyclone Gear?

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
You think Ellis didn't want to be associated with ISU because he...checks post...called out his high school? Ellis loves ISU. There are pictures of him with his son watching an ISU game on the couch; Ellis was wearing his old ISU helmet.

I do believe he was the one that called out "The Up and Coming Iowa State University." I think it was him, but could be wrong.

Dude it was just an example, I can’t recall if it was him or another former player. But I remember an alum playing in a big game chose NOT to call out ISU as their alma mater.
I was just speculating on what CMC was referring to that’s all. I don’t know any fan that’s ever been embarrassed.

• Dumb
Reactions: 06_CY

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
In Stansbury's article, both Eisworth and Campbell said not that long ago before they were here that people were embarrassed to wear a cyclone shirt or hat. I know what there trying to say but I think this comes off poorly. I've been a cyclone fan since 85-86 and I don't ever remember being embarrassed to wear anything Cyclone gear. Many times I've been disappointed or let down, but not embarrassed. I also am an alumnus so maybe that's part of the reason for me.

To me, it is kind of the pervasive attitude in society, "that nothing mattered until I showed up". I think it is somewhat disrespectful to the players and fans that have been here for awhile. Maybe its just the word embarrassed, thoughts?
Yes. I get some pretty funny looks at weddings, funerals, and court. Stick it. Go Cyclones.

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
You think Ellis didn't want to be associated with ISU because he...checks post...called out his high school? Ellis loves ISU. There are pictures of him with his son watching an ISU game on the couch; Ellis was wearing his old ISU helmet.

I do believe he was the one that called out "The Up and Coming Iowa State University." I think it was him, but could be wrong.

Thanks for calling my posts dumb twice. Pure speculation which is what a message board is. I never said it was fact. Only thing dumb is your reaction

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Not embarrassed but growing up in the **** hole that is Muscatine I can say there were definitely times where it was just easier to not wear it and skip the drama with the tavern hok populace.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
People like us who post on CF? No way we’ve been embarrassed.

But more casual fans who deal with their Hawkeye “friends” on a daily basis? I’m sure it’s just easier not to sometimes.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Eisworth quote looked to be directed at players. Potentially, both/either while actually playing or after their playing days were over.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
People like us who post on CF? No way we’ve been embarrassed.

But more casual fans who deal with their Hawkeye “friends” on a daily basis? I’m sure it’s just easier not to sometimes.
Agreed. I wear it proud though. There’s a real art to dealing with dumb ass ToE fans. Let them talk long enough and they almost always put their foot in there mouth. Just point it out and you confuse the hell out of them.

Winchester

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2020
In Stansbury's article, both Eisworth and Campbell said not that long ago before they were here that people were embarrassed to wear a cyclone shirt or hat. I know what there trying to say but I think this comes off poorly. I've been a cyclone fan since 85-86 and I don't ever remember being embarrassed to wear anything Cyclone gear. Many times I've been disappointed or let down, but not embarrassed. I also am an alumnus so maybe that's part of the reason for me.

To me, it is kind of the pervasive attitude in society, "that nothing mattered until I showed up". I think it is somewhat disrespectful to the players and fans that have been here for awhile. Maybe its just the word embarrassed, thoughts?
Hell No!