Hard to not like the draw for ISU here

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
beat baylor by 15+ in head to head matchups this season. +home court advantage in Big12 tourney
ISU matches up well with KU and TTech (not so much WVU) depending on potential second round.
Ku has nothing to prove as a gauranteed 1 seed in the tourney. Would rather see KU than WVU or TTU if ISU wins game 1.

really wanted to avoid Texas and OK St in round 1 or 2.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
beat baylor by 15+ in head to head matchups this season. +home court advantage in Big12 tourney
ISU matches up well with KU and TTech (not so much WVU) depending on potential second round.
Ku has nothing to prove as a gauranteed 1 seed in the tourney. Would rather see KU than WVU or TTU if ISU wins game 1.

really wanted to avoid Texas and OK St in round 1 or 2.

I like it a lot. We obviously match up well with them. If we lose, no big deal. If we win it's another really good win.

For whatever reason, we've done better against the teams at the top of the conference this year. It would be interesting to know how uncommon that is....I'm guessing very uncommon for any team. Therefore, I'm glad to avoid OU or OSU or WV or Tech to start the tournament.

• Winner
Reactions: Pat

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Just watched the Baylor post game press conference. Drew was complimentary toward Iowa State and he said they got embarrassed today.

You know they're gonna be pissed when they play us for the 3rd time. Not saying we don't have a good chance to win, but I do think this will be the toughest of our 3 games against them..

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Latest predictions had us as a 7 seed.

If we go to KC and beat Baylor, KU, and TX (all current top 10 teams), what is our NCAA seed?

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
That's a myth.
Agree. Baylor is soft. Their guards can go off at any time, but if they don't.... We'll have our way with them inside just like the first two games. It's only a matter of if their whole teams gets hot from 3 or not.