Gundy (update: and ADs) say 1 to 2 years left of OSU/OU Bedlam

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
I wouldn't be suprised to see the B1G play more conference games or only schedule Group of 5s now in the noncon.
If they don't play other P5 schools, would be great if they played G5s instead of FCS schools to let G5s have more chances to play P5 schools.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If they don't play other P5 schools, would be great if they played G5s instead of FCS schools to let G5s have more chances to play P5 schools.
I think they will make sure their top 3-5 schools, OSU, Mich, USC, PSU, maybe UCLA or Wisc, get protected to make the playoffs with a higher seed. That way if the conference isn’t that good, like usual, the high proportion of media individuals there can hype them up and without any real non cons, they don’t get exposed until the playoffs. They already have their money though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think they will make sure their top 3-5 schools, OSU, Mich, USC, PSU, maybe UCLA or Wisc, get protected to make the playoffs with a higher seed. That way if the conference isn’t that good, like usual, the high proportion of media individuals there can hype them up and without any real non cons, they don’t get exposed until the playoffs. They already have their money though.
Ohio State has 8 home games this year.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Would be great to see them get hit on their seeding for playing FCS schools.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The rose bowl bud, since the connection to that will be dead soon, they will want to do something to try to hold on to that.
That could be.
As a fan I could see both sides of a home game argument. How pissed would tOSU fans be if they have to go to an away game vs driving to Indy? LOL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Michigan, Ohio st, Georgia etc are not going to get held out or accountable because they played Southern Illinois. Way to much money involved to have that play a role.
Yep.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Not really but ok.

It’s most certainly happening, look in the Dekkers under the helm thread, whatever the **** that means. Criticizing manning for plays that don’t work, they forget there is a defense in front of the offense trying to stop them. Guess who oversees Manning?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If I'm Brett Yormark, I'm pushing to preserve/restore as many rivalry games as possible. Rivalries drive TV ratings. This is just Oklahoma State being spiteful. I'd like to see us get Missouri back on the schedule.
I don't think OSU is being spiteful. They want to play one P5 noncon and they already have commitments.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron