Gundy (update: and ADs) say 1 to 2 years left of OSU/OU Bedlam

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Okie st fans have a disdain for Gundy I didn’t expect.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s not the same thing. They are very different people.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I was surprised by his interview today. He said kids today aren't tough. He has to toughen them up with their coaching and conditioning. I'd think some recruits would be insulted.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Typical fans when a coach has been around a long time. They get crabby. You are starting to see that with us and Campbell.
Really? I think we all love Campbell. Yes, we criticize him for September and Iowa, but we all realize things are great with him. When we lose, it's always close, we never get blown out anymore. No other ISU coaches from the modern era can say that, not even Earl Bruce.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

The shiny new toy theory, He's been there a long time. The "next level" people always think the next coach is the answer. Gundy is a solid coach and gets solid results.

Same as the QB situation at ISU, our bench QB is always better than the starter watch the game thread after the 1st interception of the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Typical fans when a coach has been around a long time. They get crabby. You are starting to see that with us and Campbell.
I think the better comparison would probably have been Hoiberg had Hoiberg stuck around longer. I think a lot of OSU fans tired of him always floating his name out there for other jobs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The shiny new toy theory, He's been there a long time. The "next level" people always think the next coach is the answer. Gundy is a solid coach and gets solid results.

Same as the QB situation at ISU, our bench QB is always better than the starter watch the game thread after the 1st interception of the season.

Quick Wikipedia search shows that he's had the best tenure there by quite a bit. OSU's 'next level' might be more of a drop off to where they were prior.

• Informative
Reactions: cycart and NWICY

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

A game like Bedlam going away really signals what is wrong with college athletics doesn't it?

That's an awesome game each year in November. I usually watch as it's always a tight game, and is a huge revenue maker for the state of Oklahoma - in a state where college is king. In the future that game will be swapped out with OU vs. Vanderbilt ; or OU vs. South Carolina. What a stupid shift we have made..

I'm still of the opinion OU will be just a middle of the pack team in an sec super league. You factor in Alabama, Georgia, A&M, LSU, eventually Clemson, other good programs like Ole Miss, Florida, etc... they'll never be elite again in my opinion. Hope it is worth it OU and TX.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Gundy is an *******, but I enjoy his take on Oklahoma and Texas.

An Oklahoma State player was asked who their new rival was and he said Iowa State.
Will be interesting to see how rivalries shape up in the new Big 12. I've always thought it was cool to have 3 middle America state universities in the same conference.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't see how the two things are similar though. We aren't conference mates with Iowa, and neither is leaving the other behind for greener pastures.
I wouldn't be suprised to see the B1G play more conference games or only schedule Group of 5s now in the noncon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron