Guitar Hero: Metallica

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith hasn't even been released yet and it has all but been announced that Guitar Hero: Metallica will be released sometime in 1Q '09 (check out the Guitar Hero article in Wikipedia or Google Guitar Hero: Metallica)

I know this one is going to be controversial, anywhere from people still being bitter about Metallica going after Napster almost 10 years ago now to people holding the opinion that pretty much everything after the Black Album sucks. However, if One (from Guitar Hero III) is any indication, it is going to be an extremely challenging game.

Opinions?

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
Not bad, should be a good game. One is a hard song in GH3. I'm waiting for a Guitar Hero: Huey Lewis and the News or a Guitar Hero: Ray Parker Jr. Talk about bada$$.

Last edited:

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Not bad, should be a good game. One is a hard song in GH3. I'm waiting for a Guitar Hero: Huey Lewis and the News or a Guitar Hero: Ray Parker Jr.

When those 2 games come out it will spark up the old debate of "I Need a New Drug" vs. "Ghostbusters" all over again.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith hasn't even been released yet and it has all but been announced that Guitar Hero: Metallica will be released sometime in 1Q '09 (check out the Guitar Hero article in Wikipedia or Google Guitar Hero: Metallica)

I know this one is going to be controversial, anywhere from people still being bitter about Metallica going after Napster almost 10 years ago now to people holding the opinion that pretty much everything after the Black Album sucks. However, if One (from Guitar Hero III) is any indication, it is going to be an extremely challenging game.

Opinions?
"Enter Sandman" isn't exactly cake on Rock Band either :mask:

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I'm am so buying that. That will easily become my new favorite game.

Now if we want to discuss Metallica and their identity before and after the Black or MOP albums, then thats a whole nother discussion. To be brief, they're not the same. Cliff Burton brought a dimension to them that they never had before and is what brought MOP together so well. you can see it in their S&M concert as their older hits flowed so well with the symphony while the newer stuff just didn't have the dynamics.

Either way, this game will be a blast, and I will be all over it when it comes out. Huge fan if you couldn't tell.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm am so buying that. That will easily become my new favorite game.

Now if we want to discuss Metallica and their identity before and after the Black or MOP albums, then thats a whole nother discussion. To be brief, they're not the same. Cliff Burton brought a dimension to them that they never had before and is what brought MOP together so well. you can see it in their S&M concert as their older hits flowed so well with the symphony while the newer stuff just didn't have the dynamics.

Either way, this game will be a blast, and I will be all over it when it comes out. Huge fan if you couldn't tell.
They need to make it so my PS3 Rock Band guitar will work with Guitar Hero and they'd have another customer. I refuse to spend $60 on another guitar to play a game that's going to cost $60.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
No offense, but while Rick Astley was an amazing performer, his songs just didn't that the outstanding guitar riffs that some of Ray Parker Jr's songs had.

I think he meant that sarcastically.

-keep.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I'm still focused on the Aerosmith version that is coming out in just over a week. I've had it on reserve since March. Love Aerosmith can't wait.