Guardians of the Galaxy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My Grandparents took my little brother and a cousin to the south part movie when they were 9 not realizing what it was but they assumed since it was a cartoon it was appropriate for kids. Wow were they ****** next time they better look at the rating.

I remember going to see that movie and they were carding people both at the ticket counter and the theater door! Only movie I've ever been to where that happened. The best part was Matt and Trey knew it would happen and incorporated it into their movie with the whole R rated Terrance and Phillip movie and the anger from the parents leading to war with Canada. Genius!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm guessing the talking racoon in the commercials might throw off some peoples expectations.

Only if they completely miss the fact the talking raccoon is ****** off and shooting an automatic weapon at people. I honestly don't know how anyone could watch the trailer and not have serious reservations about taking a kid too it. I guess these are the same folks that buy their 8 year old the latest GTA for their birthday.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Go see this movie. I didn't know what to expect and was thought it was great. Like, I can't wait for the next one great.

The people saying it's violent??? The "people" getting killed are faceless aliens. Even when the city is getting dive bombed they don't show any "human" death at all. I can't think of one time during the movie that I was thinking, wow this is violent. A lot of people get the holy crap beat out of them in this movie and don't even bleed. In fact they don't even die. Most of the killings in this are w/o blood and guts either. Some of the violence is even funny. Lighten up people. It's a super hero movie.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Phenomenal movie. Enjoyed this the whole way through.

The character that I think the one post objected to has been violent and nuts since I first read comics with him in the 70s and early 80s. That's who the character has always been.

Really enjoyable throughout. I believe I'll see it again.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Great movie; my third favorite movie of the summer behind "X-Men; Days of Future Past" and "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Easily worth seeing a 2nd time on the big screen.

Probably one of the funnier, if not the funniest, Marvel movie I've seen. There were quite a few "laugh out loud" moments. Loved Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, and Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket is great. I never thought I would praise Vin Diesel, but even though he really has just one line as Groot he does so many variations with it that he really makes the character work.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Can't wait until next weekend when my sister and brother-in-law come up to visit - we have "preliminary" permission to go see this movie while my wife and sister watch the kids.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Went to it today. Thought it was great. I have never read the comics so I didn't have any expectations.

Thought it was really funny, well acted, and really fun to watch. If the new Jurassic Park is any good, Chris Pratt is on his way to be a HUGE movie star.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Went to it today. Thought it was great. I have never read the comics so I didn't have any expectations.

Thought it was really funny, well acted, and really fun to watch. If the new Jurassic Park is any good, Chris Pratt is on his way to be a HUGE movie star.

And well deserved. He's extremely versatile, already fantastic at the comedy genre with P&R. Now add in super hero and action star? It's awesome for him. He's also rumored for a Knight Rider feature film.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Saw it this weekend. Thought it was great. Would love to see a GOTG and Avengers crossover. Tons of potential there. For example I would love to watch a scene with Tony Stark and Rocket working together to build something (and disagreeing).

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Saw it this weekend. Thought it was great. Would love to see a GOTG and Avengers crossover. Tons of potential there. For example I would love to watch a scene with Tony Stark and Rocket working together to build something (and disagreeing).

I think that would be cool, but my goodness there would be a lot going on in a GOTG and Avengers crossover.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Some are speculating that a merger could happen for the 3rd Avengers and/or GOTG movie.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Some are speculating that a merger could happen for the 3rd Avengers and/or GOTG movie.

Wasn't Thanos the post-credits scene for the last Avengers movie? That storyline could make for the next film with both sets. That movie would just print its own money.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't collect comics as closely as I used to but I'm curious how the GotG comics from the 90s will react to the film being a hit. Talk about a series nobody gave a crap about, I bet a lot of them got junked in the 90s comic crash when they were quarter books at best. I sold most of my comics but I do still have my original copies of Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Quest along with some Thanos story Silver Surfer issues that I wouldn't mind being worth more $ from this movie direction.

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
Wasn't Thanos the post-credits scene for the last Avengers movie? That storyline could make for the next film with both sets. That movie would just print its own money.

The next Avengers movie, Age of Ultron, is coming out May 1, 2015. The next GOTG movie is planned for July 28, 2017.

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
I figured there was another Avengers in the pipe already

Here's the poster they released:
ldph4daeibkbanr7z4ud.jpg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Here's the poster they released:
ldph4daeibkbanr7z4ud.jpg

He may be polarizing but you gotta laugh at Bill Maher's comment on the Avengers:
"If Thor is a god, then what's the point of having the other 15 avengers? Especially the ones whose talents are archery and big +i+s and a handgun."

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I thought that GoG was really good. Lots of action and comedy. Effects were great. It's just so far out there that there really hasn't been anything like it. If you don't take it too seriously, I don't know how you couldn't like it. Entertaining at the very least.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge

Funny you mention that.. my buddy lent me his guardians of the galaxy comics. I think they were some of the first ones. Anyway the first 3-4 issues had Iron Man in it. I dont really remember his role though. Pretty sure Tony was put in the early comics so Marvel could get more readers into the series