GMac's explosion at the game today

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I was just wondering if anyone had a better look at what happened during one of the early time outs in the game today when the team wasn't playing very well. My seats are in the second row of the balcony and I could hear the clipboard break as it hit the floor and what appeared to be GMac calling out Brackins for not playing with heart.

I bet he was on here and read what I posted the other day. Call out Brackins to make an example. I like it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Beating NDSU by 2 isn't neccesarily all on Mac. This team should be able to go out, and if they just play hard, should win by 20. They could not have been playing hard. Some may blame Mac but ultimately it is on these guys to play with intensity and play hard.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Craig is not the main problem. Listening to John and Eric yesterday, they said that Craig is their best passer to the post. That has to be pretty frustrating. Maybe he could pass it to himself?

He's part of the problem. He played with much better effort yesterday than he did at Duke. He took a lot of plays off against Duke.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He's part of the problem. He played with much better effort yesterday than he did at Duke. He took a lot of plays off against Duke.

He did? He looked disinterested the entire game, and forced some VERY ill-advised shots. Didn't play any defense (but that's the norm for us).

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Well, whatever his explosion was, did it really work? The team lucked out that the NDSU player missed his last shot, and also missed the player wide open under the bucket.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
He did? He looked disinterested the entire game, and forced some VERY ill-advised shots. Didn't play any defense (but that's the norm for us).
Unless Brackins has a moster conference season I think he will have no choice but to come back for his senior year. Wouldn't it be weird if somehow next year Brackins comes back and Gilstrap is awarded another year? Do we even have enough scholarships if that were somehow to occur?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Unless Brackins has a moster conference season I think he will have no choice but to come back for his senior year. Wouldn't it be weird if somehow next year Brackins comes back and Gilstrap is awarded another year? Do we even have enough scholarships if that were somehow to occur?

Will we play with more intensity?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Beating NDSU by 2 isn't neccesarily all on Mac. This team should be able to go out, and if they just play hard, should win by 20. They could not have been playing hard. Some may blame Mac but ultimately it is on these guys to play with intensity and play hard.

We did have one rotten game as we were favored by 20 and won by 2.

So who on this team will pick us back up off the mat?

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
BF twitter was interesting.

"Watching MBB shootaround as I walk--staff does a GREAT job of breaking down the game plan--if players will follow with effort we WIN"

A lot of us have been putting the blame on Mac, but sometimes motivation has to come from within. Sure, a coach must figure out how to push buttons, but sometimes player/player chemistry is tough to overcome. We need some player leadership that others respect, and the lackluster effort on shootaround before the Duke game was indication, there is definitely some focus/chemistry issues.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
the thing is that when we get on the hat streaks and score 5-9 unanswered points the opposing team calls a time out and we lose all that momentum. And the other team evens it back up

We need to learn to keep our momentum after the timeouts

REDRAIN

Nov 30, 2007
He must have saw the experiement thread from yesterday morning. Well, that experiment kinda failed. Does that yahoo poster have anymore ideas for Coach McDermott to try?
Mr. funny man Jack & Hilton. While the "delivery" may have been a bit farfetched in nature, the idea that Mac has to show some emotion and get his guys to WANT to play for him is spot on. Him showing any emotion and enthusiasm for his players is better than the status quo of his adjusting his cufflinks and staring at the end zone scoreboard dazed and confused. The problem is, against NDSU, this came out, he chewed some a$$, showed some emotion, and got them fired up, but then the players only carried this on for 4-5 mins and back to our ho-hum attitudes.

There, this "yahoo" poster provided some clarification.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
BF twitter was interesting.

"Watching MBB shootaround as I walk--staff does a GREAT job of breaking down the game plan--if players will follow with effort we WIN"

A lot of us have been putting the blame on Mac, but sometimes motivation has to come from within. Sure, a coach must figure out how to push buttons, but sometimes player/player chemistry is tough to overcome. We need some player leadership that others respect, and the lackluster effort on shootaround before the Duke game was indication, there is definitely some focus/chemistry issues.

Is that Fennelly's way of giving Mac is support and attempting to get a message out to us that maybe it isn't all him? I have to think so. I have enough respect for BF that that statement carries a lot of weight, at least to me.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Mr. funny man Jack & Hilton. While the "delivery" may have been a bit farfetched in nature, the idea that Mac has to show some emotion and get his guys to WANT to play for him is spot on. Him showing any emotion and enthusiasm for his players is better than the status quo of his adjusting his cufflinks and staring at the end zone scoreboard dazed and confused. The problem is, against NDSU, this came out, he chewed some a$$, showed some emotion, and got them fired up, but then the players only carried this on for 4-5 mins and back to our ho-hum attitudes.

There, this "yahoo" poster provided some clarification.

While I agree he needs to be more intense and have the ability to get his team pumped up, there is a fine line between doing that and showing panic. He may be panicking on the inside but he cannot relay that to the team.

REDRAIN

Nov 30, 2007
much agreed Yaman. We sit fairly close to the bench and I heard the guy behind us say the "explosion" during that timeout looked and seemed choreographed to him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron