George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I was not drunk and was walking pretty cautiously down those stairs in the dark. They needed porta potties on the floor. That was big miss.
Yes it was. Baffles me how that could even happen. Freaking give people options to piss!

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I love going to concerts, but you just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves about live shows. I absolutely hate when the acts have the crowd sing parts of songs. I just paid a bunch of money to see you, the least you can do is sing your most iconic lyrics instead of making a monotone, off key crowd sing it for you. /rant
I saw Garth Brooks at Notre Dame a few years back. Several times during the show, he would stop a song and ask the crowd to sing louder or would have one section make more noise—-very confusing and weird until we realized they were actually shooting a TV special to be aired later on CBS. Ruined the whole thing

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Best guess at attendance was maybe 65k. The northern most three sections were empty top and bottom and there weren’t as many seats on the floor as I would have originally thought.

Getting in was a zoo. Getting clear of the mob in the concourse took way too long. Add in the wristband, first beer wait, quick bathroom stop, and LBT was about halfway through their set by the time we sat down.

Traffic in the concourse was the worst I have ever seen it. Just a mass of humanity. After LBT was done, got up to go hit the bathroom before Chris Stapleton, and grab another beer, and it was gridlock in the middle sections on the west side. There was literally a beer vendor in front of the men’s room door which was a good part of the traffic problem. Felt bad about the wait for the ladies room. Pushed through that and found that there were 20 or so women in the men’s room, so you know it was bad.

Beer sales was poorly managed for sure. Wristbands should have been sold outside of the venue before you scanned your ticket to get in vs. clogging up the main walkways. Vendor placement probably could have been better as the traffic jams delayed vendors from restocking.

I have been saying this for years for the concessions at football games……..the lines need to run parallel to the concession stand and fold back upon itself (think like the line for an amusement park ride). That way you can better maximize your space and open traffic lanes for others.

George was George. There is a reason he is the King of Country Music. Saw him in JT 25 years ago when he came through. Actually thought he had more energy last night than in ‘99. Surprised at his energy for being over 70. Still has the voice. Overall show was better too. Once he took the stage the concourses were a ghost town as everyone was in their seats.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I’ve seen Little Big Town and Stapleton before. They were great. As mentioned the crowds weren’t lively. Probably because it’s daylight

I’ve seen George Strait 8 or 9 times. He is as good as ever. Loved the Haggard and Waylon covers. The set list was solid.

Beer:

From the field, I just walked up by sections 2-3 to the NW concourse.

That’s where the beer staging area was.

Found one of many vendors with no lines.

Convinced them to not crack the tall boys. Put two in the back pockets and bought two more.

4 beers per trip and did that 3 or 4 times.

Be resourceful people.

It was a great night.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Happens quite a few places here in Chicago. If it’s a big group, fine I get it, and it’s on the menu for the most part.

But I would tip normally and if they push the button for me, I’m hitting the back button and hitting the 0%. I really wish we would get away from tipping. Also prices without tax included
Not talking about a food line, This was one of the souvenir vendors.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I’ve seen Little Big Town and Stapleton before. They were great. As mentioned the crowds weren’t lively. Probably because it’s daylight

I’ve seen George Strait 8 or 9 times. He is as good as ever. Loved the Haggard and Waylon covers. The set list was solid.

Beer:

From the field, I just walked up by sections 2-3 to the NW concourse.

That’s where the beer staging area was.

Found one of many vendors with no lines.

Convinced them to not crack the tall boys. Put two in the back pockets and bought two more.

4 beers per trip and did that 3 or 4 times.

Be resourceful people.

It was a great night.
So you drank 12-16 tall boys that night? How did you not spend the entire concert in front of a urinal? And how did you manage to leave the stadium in an upright position?

Man I'm a lightweight.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So you drank 12-16 tall boys that night? How did you not spend the entire concert in front of a urinal? And how did you manage to leave the stadium in an upright position?

Man I'm a lightweight.
If you're a lightweight, what does that make me? If I drink a 12 oz beer, I pee out 48 oz. over the next three hours. Or at least it seems that way. One of the many reasons I rarely drink beer. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you're a lightweight, what does that make me? If I drink a 12 oz beer, I pee out 48 oz. over the next three hours. Or at least it seems that way. One of the many reasons I rarely drink beer. :)
Those weren’t 12 oz, they were 25s. So when you consider 13-15 for basically 2 beers in one, price isn’t terrible. National wrestling it was 32 oz draws and I think I was getting hit 15 for those. I could have 2 before I felt it. Had 3 one night and realized when I hit the team social that it was not the best idea.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Those weren’t 12 oz, they were 25s. So when you consider 13-15 for basically 2 beers in one, price isn’t terrible. National wrestling it was 32 oz draws and I think I was getting hit 15 for those. I could have 2 before I felt it. Had 3 one night and realized when I hit the team social that it was not the best idea.
To your defense, the finals were a blast and easy to understand how one may slightly over indulge.

Reactions: wxman1 and BCClone

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Anyone know how much $$ the AD made on this event? Had to be a decent revenue generator. Tickets were more expensive than a home football game, but not sure what % of ticket sales went to the musicians? 75-80%?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anyone know how much $$ the AD made on this event? Had to be a decent revenue generator. Tickets were more expensive than a home football game, but not sure what % of ticket sales went to the musicians? 75-80%?
I think JTS gets rented out so they get a flat for stadium use. Then you have parking revenue. Im not sure on the concessions as the workers are through a different company.

Reactions: Letterkenny