George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Nothing much to add that hasn’t been said. Beer lines long. Bathroom lines were fine, filled up at times, but not much different than game day- I’m glad I didn’t have floor seats because you were SOL.

I assume the artists were in the Jacobson, but closing the concourse around the north end zone made things 10x worse. Came across the bridge and had to fight the concourse crowds all the way around the SEZ.

Once George hit the stage and the lights were on, it turned into a pretty special night.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1 and aauummm

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nothing much to add that hasn’t been said. Beer lines long. Bathroom lines were fine, filled up at times, but not much different than game day- I’m glad I didn’t have floor seats because you were SOL.

I assume the artists were in the Jacobson, but closing the concourse around the north end zone made things 10x worse. Came across the bridge and had to fight the concourse crowds all the way around the SEZ.

Once George hit the stage and the lights were on, it turned into a pretty special night.
They needed better access to bathrooms from the floor. Apparently someone thought it was a great idea to have people simply walk up and down the stands. It meant we had a continuous stream of people going up and down the stairs between 7 & 8. As it got dark and more beer was consumed, the trip became increasingly dangerous as people couldn't see the steps. I am amazed some of those people didn't roll all the way to the bottom.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Concerts aren't really my thing. Don't love huge crowds and I would rather just listen to an artist rather than listen to everyone around me sing along off-key...

BUT, if Luke Combs is ever in JTS, I'm there in a heartbeat
I love going to concerts, but you just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves about live shows. I absolutely hate when the acts have the crowd sing parts of songs. I just paid a bunch of money to see you, the least you can do is sing your most iconic lyrics instead of making a monotone, off key crowd sing it for you. /rant

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I love going to concerts, but you just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves about live shows. I absolutely hate when the acts have the crowd sing parts of songs. I just paid a bunch of money to see you, the least you can do is sing your most iconic lyrics instead of making a monotone, off key crowd sing it for you. /rant
It's corny, but it's a part of that genre of concerts. Most country fans want to go to the concert to sing along with every word. They are entertainers, and it's a show.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They needed better access to bathrooms from the floor. Apparently someone thought it was a great idea to have people simply walk up and down the stands. It meant we had a continuous stream of people going up and down the stairs between 7 & 8. As it got dark and more beer was consumed, the trip became increasingly dangerous as people couldn't see the steps. I am amazed some of those people didn't roll all the way to the bottom.
Yeah maybe some Porta potties down there would have helped?

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's corny, but it's a part of that genre of concerts. Most country fans want to go to the concert to sing along with every word. They are entertainers, and it's a show.
I don’t have a problem with people singing along the entire time, I have a problem with the musicians extending the mic to the crowd and having the crowd sing key lyrics instead of them singing it themselves.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines

I was not drunk and was walking pretty cautiously down those stairs in the dark. They needed porta potties on the floor. That was big miss.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hearing a rumor that one of the staffers at the vender booths (don't know which one) was adding a 20% tip on orders. When confronted it was "ooops", delete, and back to business. Nothing to back it up. But I have to admit I find those "select a tip" functions to be very suspect. Basically being bullied into tipping someone selling you a t-shirt.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hearing a rumor that one of the staffers at the vender booths (don't know which one) was adding a 20% tip on orders. When confronted it was "ooops", delete, and back to business. Nothing to back it up. But I have to admit I find those "select a tip" functions to be very suspect. Basically being bullied into tipping someone selling you a t-shirt.
Happens quite a few places here in Chicago. If it’s a big group, fine I get it, and it’s on the menu for the most part.

But I would tip normally and if they push the button for me, I’m hitting the back button and hitting the 0%. I really wish we would get away from tipping. Also prices without tax included

Help Support Us

Become a patron