719xY2Gh-wL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I had a grass pass & they just changed it to the lots at MWL. A little longer walk, but I'm happy with having guaranteed hard surface parking.
Yeah its a first world problem but I know my wife will wear some incredibly dumb boots/heels/shoes and that's a hike from MWL to Sukup.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why I bought paved. Know a guy who bought his through Ticketmaster for the original cost and then sold it days ago for 200+.

Parked in G7 for a couple years and knew it was chancy.
I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get drenched walking to MWL.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah its a first world problem but I know my wife will wear some incredibly dumb boots/heels/shoes and that's a hike from MWL to Sukup.
One advantage of advanced age is that you can ignore fashion and wear whatever is comfortable.
I get her, though. 20 years ago I would have dressed up (and did) for country concerts. Had 2 pairs of boots - one for street use and one for dancing. It's easier to dance when the boots don't have scuffed soles. :D

Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
One advantage of advanced age is that you can ignore fashion and wear whatever is comfortable.
I get her, though. 20 years ago I would have dressed up (and did) for country concerts. Had 2 pairs of boots - one for street use and one for dancing. It's easier to dance when the boots don't have scuffed soles. :D
I am a function over fashion person. I have a feeling many people won't be prepared.
I get ISU shutting down the lots, not complaining about that, I just know it'll be awful interesting leaving.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

rpcyclone2013

Jan 4, 2017
Nevada, IA
We were able to get some tickets from a friend for cheap that are on the grass. Do you think they'll have a beer stand on the field?
Edit: found my answer. They will have a stand on the field.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am a function over fashion person. I have a feeling many people won't be prepared.
I get ISU shutting down the lots, not complaining about that, I just know it'll be awful interesting leaving.
Crap. I didn’t think of the flood of people going through the paved lots also. Leaving is not going to be fun.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
I had a grass pass & they just changed it to the lots at MWL. A little longer walk, but I'm happy with having guaranteed hard surface parking.
Excuse my ignorance, what is MWL? Our email says that our south grass parking passes will now go to vet med parking lots. Will there be guaranteed space at vet med for parking? I hope so.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Excuse my ignorance, what is MWL? Our email says that our south grass parking passes will now go to vet med parking lots. Will there be guaranteed space at vet med for parking? I hope so.
Maple willow larch.

If you are drinking at Strait, it’s gotta be PBR.