Geodes

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I was looking at something to give my mom for her birthday. I stumbled upon this great CyBer monday deal on amazon of a purple quartz cluster geode. Lemme know what you think! It's around 23 bucks with shipping. Curious if I can do better with the money I have. My budget is 30 bucks.

81JPvOCBhbL._SX522_.jpg

That's like a 4-6 dollar rock at the most. Purple is the most common color due to the mineral make up of the earth. Plus, the inner vessels are way too constricted.

You need to find yourself a different geode my friend.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone here rock people? I remember this was my favorite part of earth science class in high school. My cousin had a rock polisher thing too when we were kids. I thought it was stupid at the time, but I'm thinking about getting one Cuz I see them at Hobby Lobby all the time.

Your cousin was polishing rocks and you were just polishing your knob.

Q00f2Ft.gif

Woodworking is a good past time too.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
That's like a 4-6 dollar rock at the most. Purple is the most common color due to the mineral make up of the earth. Plus, the inner vessels are way too constricted.

You need to find yourself a different geode my friend.

what color should I look for in my geodes? I don't know a ton and something cool looking for my mom's rock garden is what I want.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
I was looking at something to give my mom for her birthday. I stumbled upon this great CyBer monday deal on amazon of a purple quartz cluster geode. Lemme know what you think! It's around 23 bucks with shipping. Curious if I can do better with the money I have. My budget is 30 bucks.

81JPvOCBhbL._SX522_.jpg

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Cash, the best (rarest) ones are usually blood orange or rust colored. That's due to dinosaur DNA trapped in the geode itself. (Think the Amber color that bugs get trapped in from Jurassic Park)

Make. Sure it's actually a geode tho and not one of those weird alive rocks from the ocean you can eat.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Cash, the best (rarest) ones are usually blood orange or rust colored. That's due to dinosaur DNA trapped in the geode itself. (Think the Amber color that bugs get trapped in from Jurassic Park)

Make. Sure it's actually a geode tho and not one of those weird alive rocks from the ocean you can eat.
I really want this to be true but I'm torn.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

A clam?