General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Kinda sucks as i was thinking maybe Yonger had a chance at hwt, but with Gable I don't think he has a chance to win it.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Why? That’s a guaranteed beat down and one place lower on the podium for Bastida.. I hate it from ISU perspective.

I get what you mean but coming off last season plus moving up a weight any podium talk feels premature for him anyway.

I can't see Eggum letting him out of Minneapolis. That would be a PR disaster and pretty much the end of his coaching career. He needs to scrape up every dime he can to get a big enough NIL to keep him.

Eggum is near powerless against this financially-speaking. He's just not a strong leader. The only way he stays is if Gable values his relationships within the program (including Eggum of course).

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Eggum is near powerless against this financially-speaking. He's just not a strong leader. The only way he stays is if Gable values his relationships within the program (including Eggum of course).
Hawk fans are salivating at the idea that he’s going there for his final season.

• Haha
Reactions: HitItHard58

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I get what you mean but coming off last season plus moving up a weight any podium talk feels premature for him anyway.
Would think he’ll slaughter mid and lower tier HWTs due to his athleticism. Will be interesting and exciting to see his first matches against top 10 guys.

• Agree
Reactions: DantheFan

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Hawk fans are salivating at the idea that he’s going there for his final season.
I mean I would too if I knew we had a prayer of a chance at him. They got the bank roll to get him...they got a HC that knows he needs another team title or else whispers will grow louder about his seat. They aren't sparing any expenses going into 23-24 ESPECIALLY with seeing how we are loading up and this is the year after almost 2 decades of looking like we could have a chance to finally get a win over them.