General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

Jun 1, 2018
I'd educate yourself a bit on J'den and everything he's been through. To say he is scared to wrestle someone is far from planet earth. This man almost ended his life because of mental illness, came back and has won everything but a gold medal in the olympics. Probably one of the toughest minded wrestlers ever, full stop.

Kinda like Simone Biles or Michael Phelps went through some mental obstacles, are you gonna say they were scared to compete against anyone?
One of us needs a little education. You even understand that Cox has mental illness, but somehow don't believe this could alter his confidence? Nobody can deny his incredible skill and talent, but he wants nothing to do with Snyder at this point. Do you actually believe his leg was injured? Want to buy some ocean front property near Altoona, Iowa?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
One of us needs a little education. You even understand that Cox has mental illness, but somehow don't believe this could alter his confidence? Nobody can deny his incredible skill and talent, but he wants nothing to do with Snyder at this point. Do you actually believe his leg was injured? Want to buy some ocean front property near Altoona, Iowa?
Yeah, I would find it a bit odd that he would spend the last few years bulking up and entering at 97kg to wrestle KS when he could have went back down to 92kg and taken on Valencia (who is no slouch, but is moving up in weight). It does seem a bit odd to put in years of effort and give it up at the last minute.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Why? That’s a guaranteed beat down and one place lower on the podium for Bastida.. I hate it from ISU perspective.
Only benefit is if we could come up with the money to bring Gable to Ames (won't happen) and let Yonger redshirt a year

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Why? That’s a guaranteed beat down and one place lower on the podium for Bastida.. I hate it from ISU perspective.
Cause I think Bastida will be a challenge for him. Cause I'm a wrestling fan.

Why are you so negative all the time?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Cause I think Bastida will be a challenge for him. Cause I'm a wrestling fan.

Why are you so negative all the time?
Your first two sentences are in direct contradiction to each other. If you’re a wrestling fan, you know that Bastida is no challenge for him.

Reactions: MnBrPg

Help Support Us

Become a patron