General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
OK, here's my novice take on freestyle: Seems kind of silly you can rack up 10 points & end a match by continually rolling a guy with one lace or gutwrench. Would make more sense to me if you had to hold an exposed position for a count or if you couldn't get multiple awards for the same hold.
I love freestyle like some of the other guys here but don’t love seeing a leg lace end a match in 20 seconds. That part is kind of dumb. I would prefer they allow like 2 turns and then you have to go to a different turn before returning to that turn. Where multiple skills must be used to end a match so quickly

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I like the freestyle attacks. But the rolling the guy around like a barrel in freestyle is weird.

I prefer folkstyle better though watching a guy on top all period is a drag. Watching the wrestler working for the pin and getting it is the best.

Last edited:

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
These Final X matches are great.
Anyone heard anything concrete about what happened with J'Den Cox? Was really looking forward to him and Snyder. Heard he weighed in, but was then on crutches. Didn't request an injury deferral so must've happened right before. Got to feel for the guy when piled on what happened at the Olympic Trials.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Anyone heard anything concrete about what happened with J'Den Cox? Was really looking forward to him and Snyder. Heard he weighed in, but was then on crutches. Didn't request an injury deferral so must've happened right before. Got to feel for the guy when piled on what happened at the Olympic Trials.
Rumor has it he was rolling around with Paris the night before and hurt his ankle. In order to receive the benefits of being the alternate on the world team you have to make weight.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Rumor has it he was rolling around with Paris the night before and hurt his ankle. In order to receive the benefits of being the alternate on the world team you have to make weight.
That guy can’t catch a break. He’s one where I’m always going to wonder what if, how would it have gone. Two years now

Reactions: 4theheckofit

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Saw this on twitter...but someone said Jackson ran over his foot on the way to weigh-ins.....

Chuck Schick

Apr 11, 2023
I love freestyle like some of the other guys here but don’t love seeing a leg lace end a match in 20 seconds. That part is kind of dumb. I would prefer they allow like 2 turns and then you have to go to a different turn before returning to that turn. Where multiple skills must be used to end a match so quickly
That actually was the rule years ago: 2 turns and move to something else. I’m torn on that one- I like fewer rules or nuances like that generally because it makes the sport hard to follow.

Jun 1, 2018
Cox is scared to wrestle Snyder and seems to use any excuse he can come up with to avoid the match. I'm sure the day of Olympic trials he will have been in a yo yo incident breaking his finger or some BS. I figured that match would not happen. It doesn't seem like Cox should fear anyone with his crazy skill set, but for some reason Kyle Snyder is in his head big.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Cox is scared to wrestle Snyder and seems to use any excuse he can come up with to avoid the match. I'm sure the day of Olympic trials he will have been in a yo yo incident breaking his finger or some BS. I figured that match would not happen. It doesn't seem like Cox should fear anyone with his crazy skill set, but for some reason Kyle Snyder is in his head big.
U serious, Clark?

• Haha
Reactions: CyGold and fitzgev

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Entering but missing weigh ins one year and having a magical injury the next year a day after talking about dominating Snyder. If it looks like a duck,waddles like a duck.....well?
I'd educate yourself a bit on J'den and everything he's been through. To say he is scared to wrestle someone is far from planet earth. This man almost ended his life because of mental illness, came back and has won everything but a gold medal in the olympics. Probably one of the toughest minded wrestlers ever, full stop.

Kinda like Simone Biles or Michael Phelps went through some mental obstacles, are you gonna say they were scared to compete against anyone?

Last edited:

garvey27

Feb 7, 2021
I'm not agreeing with Clone at all on this, but in his defense, I was at Final X and there was a lot of similar chatter. They felt like it was too coincidental and in knowing he had some prior mental instability, felt that's what may have transpired here. I argued against it and spoke with several wrestlers who immediately came to his defense, so I still think it's a tragic coincidence, but it was definitely spoken about at length for the entire day.

• Informative
Reactions: 4theheckofit