NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Another incredible night by thunder fans wearing the free shirts. Heard on Windy’s pod this week that they open the doors 2 hours early with 1/2 price food and drink. All the while the Jumbotron shows people not wearing the shirt while the fans boo and heckle said person into putting it on.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Man, not to be a prick but I think George may need to work some cardio and lose 10 pounds for next season. Love the minivan tho

He looks more like freshmsn/sophomore Georges these days and seems to lag a bit on breaks.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Kyrie is an amazing player, but man is he a grade A @sshole.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Boston was absolutely pathetic tonight.
When they're bad they're bad. They shoot so many 3's. I'm not sure if they can win a championship that way. They're pretty solid defensively though and I can't see anyone in East beating them with the knicks injuries on the other side

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
When they're bad they're bad. They shoot so many 3's. I'm not sure if they can win a championship that way. They're pretty solid defensively though and I can't see anyone in East beating them with the knicks injuries on the other side

In the west I think Boston would have only had the fourth best record but having home court in Finals will put them about even with whomever comes out of West.

Obviously I'm going for Cyclone Pacers and NYN are a fun team but I just can't see anybody else winning the east.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Denver says not so fast…

When I saw headline nuggets put on a show in Minnesota I was like what but I guess I brainfarted on who was the higher seed. (I haven't watched a minute just looked at boxscores.)

I'd assumed huge part of why minny got up 2-0 was first 2 were at home.

Would not have pegged this so far to be all visiting teams winning in this series.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mavs Thunder has been an interestingly played game. Lots of bodies on the floor, ugly, etc.
Entertaining in a weird way.

Reactions: heitclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't know about Kyrie's world beliefs anymore and this thread isn't the place for it but he's been a really really good player for the Mavs.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't know about Kyrie's world beliefs anymore and this thread isn't the place for it but he's been a really really good player for the Mavs.

I was just wondering if maybe the Mavs are the under the radar contender if Kyrie plays like this. Doncic put up an epic stat line this year. They had a pretty solid record in a stacked conference that was stacked with quality/parity.

If I had to put odds right now I feel like Boston and Dallas/OKC/Denver/Minn in the west all have about an equal shot and none of them is some heavy favorite. On a neutral cout I'd take those four over Boston but Boston is going to have home court.

It would be more fun if someone besides Boston comes out of East, just hard to see it. I really don't have a heavy favorite of the west teams. Might have been Denver a week ago but not after dropping those two at home convincingly.

Reactions: GoHawks and JP4CY

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
I was just wondering if maybe the Mavs are the under the radar contender if Kyrie plays like this. Doncic put up an epic stat line this year. They had a pretty solid record in a stacked conference that was stacked with quality/parity.

If I had to put odds right now I feel like Boston and Dallas/OKC/Denver/Minn in the west all have about an equal shot and none of them is some heavy favorite. On a neutral cout I'd take those four over Boston but Boston is going to have home court.

It would be more fun if someone besides Boston comes out of East, just hard to see it. I really don't have a heavy favorite of the west teams. Might have been Denver a week ago but not after dropping those two at home convincingly.
Will be interesting to see if Cleveland can keep it up and win at home tonight. Pressure is on Boston as they are the heavy favorite to advance out of the east

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Kyrie has been a model citizen here in DFW this season. He's the perfect complement for Luka as he doesn't look to score as much in the first half and is more of a facilitator. He is one of the best closers in the game in the 4th quarter and can take over when Luka seems to wear down a bit from the constant pounding he takes.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Maybe Kyrie has a Kawhi in Toronto playoff. Both have been great players, but kind of head cases. Then Kawhi led a team to a championship.