FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
If I'm understanding it correctly and it's tap instead of scan, I could see it being much easier entering. There were multiple times last year the glare from the sun caused issues.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Kinda funny (not) that for airline tickets we’re encouraged to take screenshots in case there’s no WiFi or your phone doesn’t/can’t connect to the app. We usually have ours in the app, wallet and screenshot, and we each usually have ours and the other person’s just to be sure.

Reactions: keepngoal

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
"By adding tickets to your mobile wallet, you’ll be able to access them regardless of cell service or internet connection. Also, when you add a SafeTix ticket to your mobile wallet on a phone equipped with near-field communications (NFC), you'll receive an NFC pass, meaning you can simply tap and go at the venue."

Both the athletic department email and Ticketmaster make it pretty clear that adding to your wallet is still completely effective. My only question is, how does tap to enter work if I have both my wife and my tickets on the same device.
I wonder if these tickets support smartwatch integration... just being able to tap my watch on the reader and go in sounds great.

• Winner
Reactions: stateofmind

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Kinda funny (not) that for airline tickets we’re encouraged to take screenshots in case there’s no WiFi or your phone doesn’t/can’t connect to the app. We usually have ours in the app, wallet and screenshot, and we each usually have ours and the other person’s just to be sure.
Not a huge secondary market for airline tickets.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
tenor.gif

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
So if my battery dies or my phone breaks, I need to *CALL* the guy I get my tickets through so he can come show his ID and hope he is at the game?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I was wondering also and found this in the FAQ:

What if I don't have a smartphone?
Fans can contact the ISU Athletic Ticket Office at 888-478-2925 or [email protected], and they will work with them to determine the best way to get into the game.
Curious what ‘best way’ means.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
In past years I could not get the app to work when close to the stadium because the Wi-Fi sucks so hard. Can’t wait till there is issues at the UNI game.

I had this problem at a colorado Rapids soccer game. Took me 15 minutes to finally get my internet to pull up the app

Showtimeljs

Jul 2, 2015
Huxley
It works perfectly fine for many other events. We just went to a Cardinals game and it was this method.
Todate, the stadium area doesn't have enough cell or wifi service to support all the extra people on game days. The apps often don't work offline, even if they are "designed" to work offline. So yeah, this system might work for cardinals game, but not game days in Ames. It is highly likely the flop this year.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tailg8er

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Todate, the stadium area doesn't have enough cell or wifi service to support all the extra people on game days. The apps often don't work offline, even if they are "designed" to work offline. So yeah, this system might work for cardinals game, but not game days in Ames. It is highly likely the flop this year.
Ticket holders will learn a harsh lesson game one...

and the smart ones will have their tickets loaded to their Google or Apple wallets for the Iowa game.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If I'm understanding it correctly and it's tap instead of scan, I could see it being much easier entering. There were multiple times last year the glare from the sun caused issues.
Not sure why people held their phone down and had them scan while reflecting the sun. Hold it high and have them scan up and it worked fine.

Showtimeljs

Jul 2, 2015
Huxley
Ticket holders will learn a harsh lesson game one...

and the smart ones will have their tickets loaded to their Google or Apple wallets for the Iowa game.
I have had Google wallet fail to load my ticket when it couldn't connect to cell or wifi, it depends on how long you go without connect and the type of ticket.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tailg8er

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Last year there were 2 games where I could not pull my tickets up on my Google wallet because the cell service was so bad. The last time it happened, the ticket taker was some clueless kid and he told me I needed to see another person standing inside the entrance. I just said screw it and my wife and I walked right past him into the stadium.

Got a feeling this is a disaster waiting to happen, so I'll be sure to enter the stadium earlier than normal.