Front page of CF: Can we remove HB please?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Can somebody remove the huge HB picture with the story from the front of CF please and replace it with either something having to do with ISU men's bball or else the ISU Colorado football game tomorrow?

This is Cyclone Fanatic and not HB fanboi central. I think Mr. Barnes has already gotten plenty of mileage out of ISU already.

Thanks in advance.

Sandman

Oct 13, 2009
France
Got to agree with this, he's just another recruit we missed out on. Especially when there's a basketball opener today and our bowl hopes tomorrow.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This is still a huge story for Ames, and a lot of people are still coming to the site to catch up on the afternoon's info. I'm sure the front page will be updated with something about the games soon (either basketball or football), but it's why people are coming to the site right now. I understand the frustration, though.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Agreed. Barnes moved on... we should to. Onto those that want to play for this university.

I propose a picture of Collier (125 pound wrestler)... who walked on ISU. He was the only wrestler to lose, but I'm honored by his desire to want to wear the ISU jersey. That is a winner in my book!!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Can somebody remove the huge HB picture with the story from the front of CF please and replace it with either something having to do with ISU men's bball or else the ISU Colorado football game tomorrow?

This is Cyclone Fanatic and not HB fanboi central. I think Mr. Barnes has already gotten plenty of mileage out of ISU already.

Thanks in advance.

I agree.

We have a season opener to be looking forward tonight, and it tips off in about an hour.

HB, as a story here at Iowa State, is done. The only time he will be relevant here again will be if ISU meets up with UNC in the tournament. Until then, he's just another in the long list of recruits that we have missed out on.

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
I agree we should move on, remember tomorrow is seniors day. Lets pack the Jack and honor some guys who went through alot for this University.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Agreed, I'm bummed just like everyone else but I'm a Cyclone not a non-player fan. I feel like Barns was just doing a big promotion for the $$$ already. Never met him but you have to think pretty highly of yourself to invite Cyclone Nation to your announcing and then go to a non-recruite school. I would for sure not let him into the new practice facility anymore. Time to move on to the next big recruite that wants to be a Cyclone. PLEASE GET PICTURE OFF THE HOME PAGE!

Kick some Buff butt!

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Agreed. Barnes moved on... we should to. Onto those that want to play for this university.

I purpose a picture of Collier (125 pound wrestler)... who walked on ISU. He was the only wrestler to lose, but I'm honored by his desire to want to wear the ISU jersey. That is a winner in my book!!

This.

And while I agree with Angie's post, I also think it might get's people's hopes up and think Whoa! He picked ISU!

No need to make it an even bigger kick to the fellas than it already is.

Reactions: Angie

GBC

Apr 10, 2006
Can we please...

Can we please remove all Harrison Barnes related material. If he truly had the cyclones at heart he would not turn his back on them.

I wish him the best of luck but he is not a cyclone and never will be a cyclone and he admitted that himself today on ESPNU. So if anything he should be moved to the general college or off topic section, he has nothing to do with cyclone athletics anymore.

We have to move forward without him, he is an after thought!!!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Re: Can we please...

Can we please remove all Harrison Barnes related material. If he truly had the cyclones at heart he would not turn his back on them.

I wish him the best of luck but he is not a cyclone and never will be a cyclone and he admitted that himself today on ESPNU. So if anything he should be moved to the general college or off topic section, he has nothing to do with cyclone athletics anymore.

We have to move forward without him, he is an after thought!!!

Threads merged.

I understand your concern, but CF won't be doing that. First of all, it would be a moderating nightmare to go back through four years worth of data and remove all HB-related posts, threads, social group items, and so on. In fact, it would be impossible and totally impractical for a group of mods who donate their time to do so.

From a personal standpoint, not related to site moderation: your point about moving forward is very important, but another reason to leave the HB-related info on here is that it's a victory that ISU was even on the same table yesterday with some of those other programs. Celebrate the fact that the integrity of this program and its coaching staff made us even a contender rather than hating on HB.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008

Thanks in advance.

You have my support, time to move on.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He won't drive traffic much longer, anyway. He was a great recruiting story, now he's signed somewhere else, and his story will naturally die out. It's just how things work.

I'm with Angie. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. We were in this thing until the end, or near the end. Now we prove ourselves without him.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
He won't drive traffic much longer, anyway. He was a great recruiting story, now he's signed somewhere else, and his story will naturally die out. It's just how things work.

I'm with Angie. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. We were in this thing until the end, or near the end. Now we prove ourselves without him.
No, no, no. We don't just forget about it. This is a RECRUIT that we lost! A recruit! That never happens. Every recruit until now has always chosen ISU, this is unprecedented. We should, no, we must cry on this message board until we have no more tears left, it's the only thing to do to make sure nothing like this will ever happen to us again.

Help Support Us

Become a patron