Friday QOTW 5/2 - Weirdest thing you've woken up to after drinking?

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
two of my friends sleeping in a yard of an after hours get together in Liberty, MO. Kids were walking to the bus stop pointing. just like The Hangover, "obviously we had a great ******* time."

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
lol, imagining those guys trying to explain that. "No honey, it wasn't another woman, I swear! It was just a clown!"

That was EXACTLY what I was picturing, too. Because it being "just a clown" somehow makes it better. ;)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I am usually very deliberate when I come home drunk. I get water, put my stuff in the exact place they should be, so I usually don't wake up to anything weird.

One night I came home, went to bed, and slept in. I felt pretty good in the morning even though I had been smashed the night before.

When I went to the bathroom though there was evidence that I had yacked in the middle of the night. I don't remember it in the slightest. I must have woken up, puked, cleaned up a little bit (because it was pretty clean) and gone back to sleep.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A girl climbing into my bed who I had never met. I lived right by the main door to helser and didn't always lock it.

One of my first nights in Helser I had a drunk dude from down the hall come in my room when I was sleeping. He had no idea where he was.

I learned to lock my door after that.

ISUav8r

May 7, 2012
Ames
Living in Cyclone Plaza, wake up to find an indescribable goo on the floor past the foot of my bed. It was a good amount ~6" diameter and 1/2" thick. No smell, strange opaque blue/brown color. We called it ectoplasm because we could not figure out where it came from. It was not from a human as far as we could tell.

Go out into hall way which was partially flooded from my roommate passing out in the shower and blocking the drain.

The other roommate wakes up to find his two pet crabs dead in shower guys room on his laptop which was now destroyed.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
4th floor willow freshman year. Wake up, grab my shower tote, walk out my door and hang a right to the bathroom. The hallway was littered with shoes, a shirt, and a pair of pants. I'm thinking, "damn, someone just couldnt wait to get it on last night" I shower up, leave the bathroom and head back down the hall. It turns out I should have looked the other way down the hall because there laid some dude i had never seen before, only in his boxers, curled in the fetal position. Next to him was a pile of puke.

Naturally I try to be a good Samaritan so I woke the dude up, gave him a bottle of water and asked him. "wtf dude?" lol. Hilarious. Guy had no idea where he was. I ended up giving him a ride back to west ames. Guy was so embarrassed he hardly said a word.

In hindsight its kinda scary how easily someone who doesnt belong can get into the dorms

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Partially eaten mayonnaise w/ salt and pepper sandwich, screen torn out of my apartment window complete with bottle rocket debris around window area, a broken wooden hand rail on the apartment steps going up to my floor, missing car which somehow magically made it to my parking space at my apartment building and some very annoyed neighbors.

This was one night, not separate occasions.
When you woke up, did you look like your avatar?

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I woke up with all my clothes and shoes still on, but my boxers were on backwards.

I took a shower and dressed once after an afternoon of day drinking and put my underwear on backwards. I kinda remember trying to pee at a party but couldn't figure out my window. figured out my underwear the next morning as I was getting out of bed, and proceeded to fall face first into a puddle of my own **** #veishea

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
A call from a friend who said he just woke up in the bed of a truck in the middle of cornfield and needed picked up. Problem was, he didn't know where he was. After a few hours of communication, I found him on a country road above 10 miles outside of west Ames towards Boone.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Not exactly weird, but junior year during finals week I had a portfolio to turn in by 9 am on a Thursday morning. I woke up at 8:15 on Little Bluestem in some girls house who I did not know. When outside, no vehicle, no wallet. Called my buddy to come get me, he had no idea where little Bluestem was, he got me at 8:40, got to my house, grabbed the portfolio and made it to Curtiss right at 9:00. I have no idea how we pulled if off, but I puked as I was leaving the basement of Curtiss.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My 3rd night of my freshman year of college I woke up to someone milling around my room. The door to our room had a switch on the inside that you could flip up if you didn't want to have to enter to code on the keypad and we forgot to flip it down before bed. After a few minutes of watching him it became clear he was sleep walking. He wandered around our room for a while, he checked my phone and then laid down on our futon and fell back asleep.

I, having known my roomate for all of 3 days, had no idea what to do. I didn't really want to wake him up and tell him there was someone in our room, at risk of looking like an idiot. However, I knew the old addage is you are never supposed to wake a sleep walker, so I didn't really feel like trying to get this guy out of our room on our own. I eventually got my roomate to wake up and we tried yelling at the kid to get him to wake up. After about 10 minutes he shot up out of bed and wandered right back out of our room.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Me personally, it was in Friley Hall. I was woken up about 4 am after a hard night of drinking. The kid across the hall had his brother and brothers friend up for the weekend, and they were crashing in my room as his roommates was a little weird.

I woke up to the kid across the halls brother peeing on his friend who was sleeping on our coach.

I asked him wtf he was doing and to stop, and he just blankly stared at me. the kid on the couch woke up and just mumbled a bit and went back to sleep.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
During an annual campout with my old college friends, I woke up one morning with deep scratches and dried blood all over my arms and legs. Evidently, when I got up to pee, I fell into a thorn bush. The bush looked like it had been parted down the middle.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
The bush looked like it had been parted down the middle.

163.gif

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I had a friend who woke up in the bushes outside of St. Thomas as the bell was tolling and people were going in to church.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron