Friday OT #2 - If You Don't Eat Your Meat...

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What are some foods you loved as a child that you can't stand now? I think we've done the flip of this before, but not sure if we've ever done this.

I apparently used to eat cottage cheese like it was my job, but can't stand it now. The texture is horrifying.

What are some of yours?

Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Spaghetti O's

@Mr Janny just made fun of me about this one. "You should say Spaghetti-Os... oh, wait, you still eat them."

I have some nostalgia that strikes for Spaghetti-Os about once every two or three years. We buy a can, I eat it, remember they are terrible, and then the cycle repeats again two or three years later. :shrug:

Kraft mac and cheese? Can't stop, won't stop.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I used to like peeps when I was a kid. Now the thought of those little marshmallow birds is revolting.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
@Mr Janny just made fun of me about this one. "You should say Spaghetti-Os... oh, wait, you still eat them."

I have some nostalgia that strikes for Spaghetti-Os about once every two or three years. We buy a can, I eat it, remember they are terrible, and then the cycle repeats again two or three years later. :shrug:

I'm with you on the Mac n Cheese. I've been using a little tajin in place of salt lately. Fantastic!

• Wow
Reactions: Angie

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Spaghetti O's
I tried those once when I was about 15, At 15 I would eat practically anything put in front of me but I'm not sure how anyone could eat that crap.

Maybe Mountain Dew, I used to drink it all the time, the last time I tried one it was just far too sweet. Haven't touched one in well over 10 years.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I tried those once when I was about 15, At 15 I would eat practically anything put in front of me but I'm not sure how anyone could eat that crap.

Maybe Mountain Dew, I used to drink it all the time, the last time I tried one it was just far too sweet. Haven't touched one in well over 10 years.

This is me, for just about any full-sugar pop. I can't drink anything but diet or zero sugar versions now. Any of that full sugar stuff makes my teeth and stomach hurt.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I used to like peeps when I was a kid. Now the thought of those little marshmallow birds is revolting.

My version of that is Candy Corn. ... it springs from over-indulging - I loved it when I was a child, then one time ate a bit too much, got bellyache -- I still have a negative reaction even just seeing it on store shelves.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Bologna. When I was in elementary school, my mom would make me butter and bologna sandwiches. Don't know how I didn't have a heart attack as a kid.

JP4CY

A loathsome, offensive brute. You can't look away.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I honestly can't stand white bread as an adult. Maybe a grilled cheese or a BLT but that's it.
Now I want quality bread. (South Union in DSM for the win)

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

A spoonful of cold cottage cheese in a bowl of hot spaghetti o’s. Ah the good ol‘ days.

• Haha

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
In my teens I was always a grape flavored fan. Candy, Gatorade, kool-aid, etc. Today I wonder what I was thinking then.

The amount of Top the Tator I would eat as a child with potato chips along with bologna sandwiches was cause for concern. I still like these two things, I just no longer eat half a container of Top The Tater in a sitting.

Help Support Us

Become a patron