Friday OT #2 - If You Don't Eat Your Meat...

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I still like a bologna sandwich once in a while.

I think it might be nostalgia, going with Mom to take afternoon lunch to my dad when he was doing field work. Apparently, that was an exciting excursion for me at one time.
I hate bologna.

I love hot dogs.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I used to love Sunny Delight. And I tried it a few years ago and it tasted weird. And I think it gave me the trots. :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: do4CY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Maybe it's because even now I embrace the kid in me I can't think of anything I have grown out off other than baby food.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Kool-Aid. Nothing but sugar, water, and dye.

I never liked strawberry pop though except the first time I was pregnant, and then it was all that helped the nausea. Also just sugar, water, and dye but with fizz.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Kool-Aid. Nothing but sugar, water, and dye.

I never liked strawberry pop though except the first time I was pregnant, and then it was all that helped the nausea. Also just sugar, water, and dye but with fizz.

I was hospitalized for hyperemesis for over a week with my youngest, and my husband thought I was faking that almost all I could keep down from then on out were Sour Patch Kids and black olives. My OB confirmed that the sour and sugary stuff was often easiest to keep down!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I was hospitalized for hyperemesis for over a week with my youngest, and my husband thought I was faking that almost all I could keep down from then on out were Sour Patch Kids and black olives. My OB confirmed that the sour and sugary stuff was often easiest to keep down!

That is comforting to know why I went through that phase! The strawberry pop had a slight tang to it as well as the sweet. We could only find one little store in DM metro that had it in stock and when they saw husband coming in the door, they put a couple of six packs on the counter!

You and the Duchess of Cambridge! Wonder if she turned to Sour Patch Kids and black olives as well? Maybe served on Royal Haviland.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Kayo chocolate drink (I won't call it milk). One of my friends even called me "The Kayo Kid."

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Can't stand the sauce in spaghetti-o's but i still love the mini ravioli. And it's probably the same sauce. :oops:

Mac & Cheese has always been a comfort food for me, moreso than ice cream. I'll probably be eating a bowl of it on my death bed.

Chef-Boy-Ar_Dee Ravioli sauce is much, much better than the watered-down tomato sauce in Spagetti-o's.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Unfortunately they discontinued the ravioli-os last year.

Those and the spaghettios with hotdogs (plain sucked) have always been every so often comfort foods for me.

Chef-Boy-Ar_Dee Ravioli sauce is much, much better than the watered-down tomato sauce in Spagetti-o's.
After looking at the can, it's the Chef Boyardee brand that I like. I guess I never noticed there were different Mini Raviolis. Although a word to the wise...the HyVee brand of those is even worse than the Campbells (spouse bought them by mistake).