Friday OT #2 - If You Don't Eat Your Meat...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What are some foods you loved as a child that you can't stand now? I think we've done the flip of this before, but not sure if we've ever done this.

I apparently used to eat cottage cheese like it was my job, but can't stand it now. The texture is horrifying.

What are some of yours?

Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Spaghetti O's

@Mr Janny just made fun of me about this one. "You should say Spaghetti-Os... oh, wait, you still eat them."

I have some nostalgia that strikes for Spaghetti-Os about once every two or three years. We buy a can, I eat it, remember they are terrible, and then the cycle repeats again two or three years later. :shrug:

Kraft mac and cheese? Can't stop, won't stop.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I used to like peeps when I was a kid. Now the thought of those little marshmallow birds is revolting.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
@Mr Janny just made fun of me about this one. "You should say Spaghetti-Os... oh, wait, you still eat them."

I have some nostalgia that strikes for Spaghetti-Os about once every two or three years. We buy a can, I eat it, remember they are terrible, and then the cycle repeats again two or three years later. :shrug:

I'm with you on the Mac n Cheese. I've been using a little tajin in place of salt lately. Fantastic!

• Wow
Reactions: Angie

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Spaghetti O's
I tried those once when I was about 15, At 15 I would eat practically anything put in front of me but I'm not sure how anyone could eat that crap.

Maybe Mountain Dew, I used to drink it all the time, the last time I tried one it was just far too sweet. Haven't touched one in well over 10 years.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I tried those once when I was about 15, At 15 I would eat practically anything put in front of me but I'm not sure how anyone could eat that crap.

Maybe Mountain Dew, I used to drink it all the time, the last time I tried one it was just far too sweet. Haven't touched one in well over 10 years.

This is me, for just about any full-sugar pop. I can't drink anything but diet or zero sugar versions now. Any of that full sugar stuff makes my teeth and stomach hurt.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I used to like peeps when I was a kid. Now the thought of those little marshmallow birds is revolting.

My version of that is Candy Corn. ... it springs from over-indulging - I loved it when I was a child, then one time ate a bit too much, got bellyache -- I still have a negative reaction even just seeing it on store shelves.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Bologna. When I was in elementary school, my mom would make me butter and bologna sandwiches. Don't know how I didn't have a heart attack as a kid.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

A spoonful of cold cottage cheese in a bowl of hot spaghetti o’s. Ah the good ol‘ days.

• Haha

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
In my teens I was always a grape flavored fan. Candy, Gatorade, kool-aid, etc. Today I wonder what I was thinking then.

The amount of Top the Tator I would eat as a child with potato chips along with bologna sandwiches was cause for concern. I still like these two things, I just no longer eat half a container of Top The Tater in a sitting.