Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
giphy.gif

You saying your parents are related?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I had to think for awhile about how I'm like my mom. People say I'm like my dad more often.
From mom:
Being a packrat. She never throws anything away, even empty carboard boxes for stuff
Being quiet. I can be quiet and introverted sometimes, but then I'm also like my dad and outgoing and silly at other times.

This one applies to both mom and dad - being cheap. We had everything we needed and most things we wanted on modest salaries, because they were cheap. I am pretty cheap most of the time as well

From dad:
Being corny. The dad jokes run deep and I've passed them along to my boys
Telling stories. My dad has a story for anything and he will tell you whether you want him to or not. He's a friendly guy, which I take after once I get to know people. Otherwise I can be more quiet like mom.

Reactions: cyclones500

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Mom
Love of music - though it sort of skipped a generation - as her mother was much more into music than my mother, though she did sing in Sweet Adelines.
Calm/don't over react. Though I do sometime break - see below.*
Dry hair/scalp and thin ruddy Scandinavian skin.

Dad
Love of cars. A touch of mechanical skills but not to his extent.
Skepticism. Anything new has to be time tested until I adapt it into my life. With a few exceptions.
Humor.
Sexy blue eyes - oops, that's 4.

* The one thing I absolutely rejected was his temper. A real table pounder and swearer. I remember even as a child how stupid he looked doing it and told myself I was never going to be like that. Sometimes I do break, but it usually is about 5 seconds of smashing or throwing something before I get it together again.

Reactions: cyclones500

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Mom
1. Intelligence
2. Toughness - whatever resiliency I have is due to my mom
3. Volatility - she was super calm most of the time, but when she got mad...goddamn.

Dad
1. Right-brain dominance
2. Hand eye coordination
3. Depression

Last edited: