Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It had to be tough on Ulis. Fran's always got his eye out for new talent at the guard position.

I heard that just last week, Coach offered a Falbo Bros driver a preferred walk-on spot, after Fran noticed his fluid movement and start/stop capabilities, as he dodged the rocks that the McCaffrey family were throwing at him for taking longer than 30 minutes to deliver their pizza.

It's the harsh reality of playing the guard spot at Iowa. There's always some 6' 2" kid from Solon waiting to replace you.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
It's the harsh reality of playing the guard spot at Iowa. There's always some 6' 2" kid from Solon waiting to replace you.

One weird thing about Hawk fans is them being stuck on a walk on red shirt last year named Nimmers who had one offer out of high school. For some reason they think he is the second coming. It’s totally weird

• Agree
Reactions: CyDude16 and Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
One weird thing about Hawk fans is them being stuck on a walk on red shirt last year named Nimmers who had one offer out of high school. For some reason they think he is the second coming. It’s totally weird
If he was a 6'8'' forward I'd be worried about him being the next iteration of Garza, Murray bros. But he's a short guard, and Fran is his coach, so nothing to see here I wager.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

If he was a 6'8'' forward I'd be worried about him being the next iteration of Garza, Murray bros. But he's a short guard, and Fran is his coach, so nothing to see here I wager.

It would be like us Banking on Kelderman. Fran still has not gave the kid a schollarship, which is basically like Fran saying he don't care if he transfers or not since he is not good enough.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It would be like us Banking on Kelderman. Fran still has not gave the kid a schollarship, which is basically like Fran saying he don't care if he transfers or not since he is not good enough.
Correct. Fran is so bad with scholarship guards, I don't know why anyone would have faith that Nimmers is some developmental gem just waiting to be unleashed this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron