Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Honestly I'm a little surprised they let him keep going there. Just a dead man walking.

Expensive buyout and the fans don’t care enough for the AD to pay the buyout.

I like making fun of Nebraska as much as any of you... but Torvik kind of likes them next year. Well, "likes" as in does not absolutely hate but rather lumps them in with other Big Ten mediocrities:

1683051651793.png

If they live up to that #46 ranking and steal a few wins here and there and if the committee overrates the Big Ten like they always do then... the Huskers might have a distant shot at the NCAA tournament.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Seems like they had an ok season by Nebrasketball standards. Fred had them competing pretty well at the end of the season. Pretty low bar overall
It’s kind of strange, whenever I flipped over to them for a few minutes, I thought they looked better when Fred played whichever one of the twins walked on there. Maybe he is the reverse Fran and doesn’t play his own kid enough?

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Nebraska did pretty well in the portal outside of the Sallis miss. Get Tominga back and they have some nice pieces around Ulis. Return some young guys who played well towards the end of the year also. It’s not like Fred’s depending on Ulis to score 15 a game or anything like that.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Ulis may play better without worrying about who's looking over his shoulder. Should be a good comparison of coaching styles.

Reactions: VeloClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ulis may play better without worrying about who's looking over his shoulder. Should be a good comparison of coaching styles.
Iowa fans will not be happy if Ulis ends up being solid, but I won’t be holding my breath.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It had to be tough on Ulis. Fran's always got his eye out for new talent at the guard position.

I heard that just last week, Coach offered a Falbo Bros driver a preferred walk-on spot, after Fran noticed his fluid movement and start/stop capabilities, as he dodged the rocks that the McCaffrey family were throwing at him for taking longer than 30 minutes to deliver their pizza.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It had to be tough on Ulis. Fran's always got his eye out for new talent at the guard position.

I heard that just last week, Coach offered a Falbo Bros driver a preferred walk-on spot, after Fran noticed his fluid movement and start/stop capabilities, as he dodged the rocks that the McCaffrey family were throwing at him for taking longer than 30 minutes to deliver their pizza.
I assume Patrick gets lifetime free Falbo Bros pizza for doing that commercial. Or maybe they make him pay double.