Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I feel better about this movie after that trailer. I was concerned this movie would suck based on the previous trailers.
I am guessing since JLaw isn't doing another movie, they will kill off her character.

I'd be okay with JLaw getting the crap out anyway. With all her crap she's pulled in the last couple years, she's gone from one of my favorite actors to one of my least favorite. The girl that once became the staple for the girl next door that everyone liked as an actor has lately kind of turned in to a pretentious jerk.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'd be okay with JLaw getting the crap out anyway. With all her crap she's pulled in the last couple years, she's gone from one of my favorite actors to one of my least favorite. The girl that once became the staple for the girl next door that everyone liked as an actor has lately kind of turned in to a pretentious jerk.

Another vote for JLaw fatigue.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
It makes me wonder if there will still be randomly awesome comic book movies once every 3-4 years post-bust like epic Westerns in the 90s/00s. Somehow I feel like comic movies will either be several awesome ones a year or zero.

The interesting thing is that most people look at all these movies as just a comic book movie fad/craze, when there is really two different fads/crazy going on. Yes, there is the comic book movie aspect of it, but maybe even more so is the shared universe craze component which expands above and beyond just comic book movies. It allows for fans to fully immerse themselves in another world, but like why people go crazy for stuff like World of Warcraft. Star Wars is riding it, Universe is trying to get a monsters universe rolling, and these aren't the only ones. Its rolling strong on the TV side too. Personally, I love both the crazes, but then again I'm a supernerd at heart even though I may not look that way, so take that for what it is worth.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
HFCS, I encourage you to watch Deadpool. I know you didn't care for the character all that much but the movie is very entertaining. I would put them just under x-2 on my list at #2.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The interesting thing is that most people look at all these movies as just a comic book movie fad/craze, when there is really two different fads/crazy going on. Yes, there is the comic book movie aspect of it, but maybe even more so is the shared universe craze component which expands above and beyond just comic book movies. It allows for fans to fully immerse themselves in another world, but like why people go crazy for stuff like World of Warcraft. Star Wars is riding it, Universe is trying to get a monsters universe rolling, and these aren't the only ones. Its rolling strong on the TV side too. Personally, I love both the crazes, but then again I'm a supernerd at heart even though I may not look that way, so take that for what it is worth.

Mad Max Fury Road will transform the action movie genre and any variants of it. It had light years better effects, stunts and actions than these comic movies and The Force Awakens...and I say that as a total fan boy who has made nerd movies my career.

I'm guessing in 2-3 years we see sci-fi and hero movies that try to match that quality and I can't wait.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
HFCS, I encourage you to watch Deadpool. I know you didn't care for the character all that much but the movie is very entertaining. I would put them just under x-2 on my list at #2.

Yeah, I'd at least recommend watching it. Shoot, its not my cut of tea either as I'm not a fan of raunchy to be raunchy over-the-top stuff like it is, but I still respect how they went about the film-making and creativity of it. At least they tried something new, and I respect that, and my list I made reflects that.

On a different note, I get annoyed too when people dog on people like me for not liking the raunchiness of it. There is nothing wrong with having faith and values where you don't appreciate that side of things and think they are uneccesary to some extent. I also recognize everyone isn't me. It is what it is, but I'm also not going to discount good film-making because I don't like the raunchy part. I'll take it for what it is.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Mad Max Fury Road will transform the action movie genre and any variants of it. It had light years better effects, stunts and actions than these comic movies and The Force Awakens...and I say that as a total fan boy who has made nerd movies my career.

I'm guessing in 2-3 years we see sci-fi and hero movies that try to match that quality and I can't wait.

Definitely love what Fury Road did with its action, but at the same time, I love the overall trend we are seeing in these movies, which is a movement away from ridiculous over-the-top CGI orgies more back to practical real-life effects. Fury Road is the perfect example, but so was what they did with Star Wars. Shoot, even Marvel is moving more that direction by hiring the Russo Bros to do all these movies, as the Winter Soldier was one of the first movies to start that trend. Then things backtracked with Age of Ultron and it then wasn't surprising that it wasn't the success everyone was hoping it would be. Count me as in this boat too as I've come to hate CGI and what it has done to many movies. I get it saves money, but it is also just pure laziness too.

Last edited:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I'd at least recommend watching it. Shoot, its not my cut of tea either as I'm not a fan of raunchy to be raunchy over-the-top stuff like it is, but I still respect how they went about the film-making and creativity of it. At least they tried something new, and I respect that, and my list I made reflects that.

On a different note, I get annoyed too when people dog on people like me for not liking the raunchiness of it. There is nothing wrong with having faith and values where you don't appreciate that side of things and think they are uneccesary to some extent. I also recognize everyone isn't me. It is what it is, but I'm also not going to discount good film-making because I don't like the raunchy part. I'll take it for what it is.

I liked Deadpool overall, but i didn't enjoy it as much as some people. For one thing, I thought some of the best gags were shown in the Comic Con footage and trailers. For another, some of the humor would have been funny if I were still 14, but as a 30 year old, I kinda cringed at some of their attempts to push the limits. But I'll not bag on anybody who has a different opinion. And I think it's an important film for the genre, because it proved that a) you don't have to follow the same formula as everyone else to be successful, and b) a quality X-Men film with decent costumes an character beats can be achieved.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I liked Deadpool overall, but i didn't enjoy it as much as some people. For one thing, I thought some of the best gags were shown in the Comic Con footage and trailers. For another, some of the humor would have been funny if I were still 14, but as a 30 year old, I kinda cringed at some of their attempts to push the limits. But I'll not bag on anybody who has a different opinion. And I think it's an important film for the genre, because it proved that a) you don't have to follow the same formula as everyone else to be successful, and b) a quality X-Men film with decent costumes an character beats can be achieved.

Yeah, I definitely feel the same on the liking that humor more when I was 14 rather than now when I'm 31.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Don't like being attacked because of your dislike for the raunchiness but in the same paragraph compare the humor to a 14 year old. How can you see anything from your podium exactly?
And to bring up values but still obsess over a genre that makes its living on constant violence is hilariously hypocritical.
Deadpool is deadpool. It's okay to not like him or the movie but the brand itself flies in the face of everything else in the genre and the fact the character himself makes fun of the very genre itself shows nothing should really be taken seriously.
Oh and WHAM mother ******!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Don't like being attacked because of your dislike for the raunchiness but in the same paragraph compare the humor to a 14 year old. How can you see anything from your podium exactly?
And to bring up values but still obsess over a genre that makes its living on constant violence is hilariously hypocritical.
Deadpool is deadpool. It's okay to not like him or the movie but the brand itself flies in the face of everything else in the genre and the fact the character himself makes fun of the very genre itself shows nothing should really be taken seriously.
Oh and WHAM mother ******!

Whoa.... cool off a bit. Talk about overreacting. When anyone types up such hateful statements as that, I don't think you realize how petty and stupid it looks. When I made the 14 year old comment, that is just me personally, just like it was him personally. Is it wrong to make a factual statement? I never said that is everyone like you insinuated.

How about you also go back in my history and look at all the comments I've made in all these types of threads and you might get an actual picture of what I'm like before you spout off calling me a high horse and hypocrite? In fact, you might feel stupid about what you just said. Its easy to be an immature keyboard warrior dude. Hope you don't act like that in real life.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, it looks like J-Law has publicly had a change of heart on whether or not she'd come back for another X-Men film:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...-seems-to-have-changed-her-tune-about-a132811

Truthfully, I see this as one of two things, one being trying to build up for a big cash grab as she sees herself falling out of favor for other roles, or two, just lying through her teeth to save face and never come back or even intend to come back. Either way, I'm done with her. Not a fan anymore, not to mention I don't even think she is that great of a Mystique.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Cf7KKQeUUAEQAMe.jpg:large

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadp...ld-love-to-see-the-x-men-and-avengers-a137485

Potential X-Men/Avengers crossover in the future???? Yeah, don't see that ever happening, nor to I want it to happen. Would just be completely stupid from a continuity standpoint. Now, I'd be all for Marvel getting back the X-Men properties and starting it themselves from scratch, but even that alone would be REALLY tough from a continuity standpoint. Would be tough to make thousands of mutants appear out of thin air and convince us they have been around all along. This is why the Inhuman model works much better in the MCU than the Mutant one.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I want to see the movie, but that poster is a bit cheeeeeeeeesy.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Whoa.... cool off a bit. Talk about overreacting. When anyone types up such hateful statements as that, I don't think you realize how petty and stupid it looks. When I made the 14 year old comment, that is just me personally, just like it was him personally. Is it wrong to make a factual statement? I never said that is everyone like you insinuated.

How about you also go back in my history and look at all the comments I've made in all these types of threads and you might get an actual picture of what I'm like before you spout off calling me a high horse and hypocrite? In fact, you might feel stupid about what you just said. Its easy to be an immature keyboard warrior dude. Hope you don't act like that in real life.

Eh? Where did I make hateful comments or call you "a hypocrite?" exactly? Perhaps you should read it again. I said you were being hypocritical. There is a difference. You were the one that brought your "morals" into the discussion and pointing out that your problem with raunchiness is because of morals but the nonstop violence doesn't apply is as I said, hilariously hypocritical. As for your statement regarding the humor, I'll concede. I am no "keyboard" warrior and you are a good poster, just certain statements struck a nerve is all.
But enough arguing, whats with the awkward poster :)

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadp...ld-love-to-see-the-x-men-and-avengers-a137485

Potential X-Men/Avengers crossover in the future???? Yeah, don't see that ever happening, nor to I want it to happen. Would just be completely stupid from a continuity standpoint. Now, I'd be all for Marvel getting back the X-Men properties and starting it themselves from scratch, but even that alone would be REALLY tough from a continuity standpoint. Would be tough to make thousands of mutants appear out of thin air and convince us they have been around all along. This is why the Inhuman model works much better in the MCU than the Mutant one.

Agreed, this makes no sense. Plenty of characters in each universe, no sense muddying up the waters with even more. I thought it was dumb bringing in quicksilver to Avengers personally.
I would however like to see a few more X-Men crossovers into Deadpool but very minimal and basically only for comedic purposes. As for X-Men, only mention or cameo Deadpool down the line. The two worlds don't really fit each other.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Eh? Where did I make hateful comments or call you "a hypocrite?" exactly? Perhaps you should read it again. I said you were being hypocritical. There is a difference. You were the one that brought your "morals" into the discussion and pointing out that your problem with raunchiness is because of morals but the nonstop violence doesn't apply is as I said, hilariously hypocritical. As for your statement regarding the humor, I'll concede. I am no "keyboard" warrior and you are a good poster, just certain statements struck a nerve is all.
But enough arguing, whats with the awkward poster :)

I'm gonna just let this stop, but please don't try to classify my morals by essentially say "if" you believe this "then" you should believe this. You don't know anything about me and there are people everywhere with different belief systems than yourself. I'll also gladly return the favor in not doing that same stuff to you too. Picking apart people's morals and then ending your statement in a bam ***** is just petty and unnecessary. With all this said, I'm a forgiving person and I do appreciate you contributing to this forum. I like it when people post on here and give their thoughts. That is also cool you really liked Deadpool and everything it is as there was many things I liked about it too. I can fully move on from this too.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron