Fox Sports 1

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I noticed that two of our first three games will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1 channel. Does anyone know if Mediacom will have this channel available? Basic package or a premium channel?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's definitely on Mediacom but I don't have the basic package to know if it's on that.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The non-HD channel is on 74. I'm pretty sure that is the basic package. I assume you also get the HD version.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
anybody know where it's at on dish network?

I thought I heard they were in negotiations, wasn't sure if they settled yet.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
anybody know where it's at on dish network?

I thought I heard they were in negotiations, wasn't sure if they settled yet.

150. If you had Speed prior, you'll have it at the moment. Still negotiating so that it is a basic package channel like ESPN.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I watched about 5 minutes of fox sports live this morning... Espn is in no danger.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I watched about 5 minutes of fox sports live this morning... Espn is in no danger.

I nibbled a little of the free bread the new Wolfgang Puck restaurant and it was garbage so I didn't even bother to eat the rest of the meal because I knew it would be just as bad and could in no way compete with Applebee's.

You heard it here folks, Day 2 of a brand new channel can't compete with one that has been broadcasting for 30 years.

Uhhhhhhhh....This.

Maybe Fox 1 will suck and ESPN will still dominate for years to come in sports broadcasting (odds of that are pretty good.) But to dismiss the channel THAT quickly is just asinine.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
150. If you had Speed prior, you'll have it at the moment. Still negotiating so that it is a basic package channel like ESPN.

I hope they get it figured out soon, I really don't feel like bumping up to the top 200 package for the Tulsa game, but we'll see

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Save the fact that a large percentage of the sports watching population absolutely despises ESPN.

Yeah, but this didn't really seem any different than ESPN. It was the same crap, just different stooges.

Fox Sports Live last night was just Best Damn Sports Show Period 2.0. Just no Tom Arnold. And that already failed to be a successful alternative the first time they tried this with the Fox Sports Nets.

I haven't watched much of NBC Sports Network, I guess I don't even know if they have a "SportsCenter" alternative, and I have no idea where you even find the new CBS Sports thing.

I think the best-case scenario for anti-ESPN is now that FS1 and NBCSN are bidding aggressively and the rights are so outrageous, ESPN/ABC can't strangle hold all of the valuable live events. FS1 and NBCSN are going to have to build themselves off of their live coverage.

If they stick to only live sports and then hard sports news (a la way old school SportsCenter), great. But honestly First Take is First Take is FS Live. It's going to suck no matter who the stooges are.