Fox Sports 1

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
If you like MMA you'll love FS1. If not...yeah, not so much. I only watch ESPN for football and basketball and occasionally Sportscenter.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If you like MMA you'll love FS1. If not...yeah, not so much.

College football: Big 12, Pac-12, C-USA
College basketball: Pac-12, Big East, C-USA, Big 12 women
Soccer: UEFA Champions League, FIFA (starting 2015)
MLB (starting 2014)
NASCAR (carryover from Speed)
UFC
Other motor sports (carryover from Speed)

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'm glad I get FS1 and I will definitely watch live sports on it, like CFB and BB. It'll be in my rotation of channels on Saturdays in the fall when I am looking for a game to watch. But I don't think I will just turn it on and watch some of the shows like I do with ESPN - SportsCenter, PTI, Around the Horn.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Yeah, but this didn't really seem any different than ESPN. It was the same crap, just different stooges.

Fox Sports Live last night was just Best Damn Sports Show Period 2.0. Just no Tom Arnold. And that already failed to be a successful alternative the first time they tried this with the Fox Sports Nets.

This. The difference is BDSSP was its own show and format. It wasn't highlights then cut to Tom and the boys for a rushed blah discussion then quick cut back to highlights. I think the discussion panel could work they just need their own show. What I watched last night was not very good at all and won't keep me coming back. If they did just a highlights show followed by Charissa (Hot as f**k by the way) and the boys with their own show, I'd definitely watch

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I nibbled a little of the free bread the new Wolfgang Puck restaurant and it was garbage so I didn't even bother to eat the rest of the meal because I knew it would be just as bad and could in no

I'll watch sports on it for sure. However I was looking for a sports highlight show and this format was like sports center but longer and worse.

My alternative to sports center has been highlight express on espn news.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Where did they dig up these clowns doing the Sportscenter thingy?

Oh....Canada?? Now it makes sense

In my humble opinion they can pack up and head to the Great White North. More annoying than the ESPN crew and I didn't think that was possible

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Does anybody have Dish Network and get Fox Sports 1? I thought it was channel 150 (Ankeny) but I don't think I get it. What package is needed? TIA

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Does anybody have Dish Network and get Fox Sports 1? I thought it was channel 150 (Ankeny) but I don't think I get it. What package is needed? TIA

Right now it's the AT200 package, but they're supposedly going to do some shuffling on 9/2, so I'm going to wait before I do anything.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Right now it's the AT200 package, but they're supposedly going to do some shuffling on 9/2, so I'm going to wait before I do anything.

Yeah, FS1 wants to be Tier 1 and be on every package like ESPN. They weren't able to finalize the deal in time so Speed became FS1 on Tier 2 while they continued to work out a deal.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Anyone still watching FS1? I have been giving it a chance. N they need to reduce the number of people on set. To many awkward who is supposed to be talking now moments. However they do get an A+ for on air female talent and wardrobe. Imam also liking Mike Pereira.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Anyone still watching FS1? I have been giving it a chance. N they need to reduce the number of people on set. To many awkward who is supposed to be talking now moments. However they do get an A+ for on air female talent and wardrobe. Imam also liking Mike Pereira.

They need to win me over once live football starts. Every time I see what they have on it's always Nascar and UFC. I want sports, not Spike TV.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I decided to check out this channel the other day, saw Pat Forde, grabbed the remote, and changed the channel ASAP.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I've yet to see any programming on there that I'd sit down and watch for a long time.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I am trying to give it a chance...but it's been hard. I can't stand the round table discussions, way to many people. Also, Andy Roddick is no more qualified to comment on anything but Tennis, then I am. He's not working on there.

I've been giving the CBS Channel a shot too...ESPN is wearing me out.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think the true test will start this weekend when you can see how their live coverage stacks up. I've never been one for any sports studio shows.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
They are pumping Mandingo fighting way too hard.

If they simply provided a more balanced college football analysis ie. (perhaps talking about CFB topics other than The SEC/ND/Ohio State/Oregon's facilities) then it would be an easy alternative to ESPN. I'm trying to stick with it. Tonight the games beging though.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I've yet to see any programming on there that I'd sit down and watch for a long time.

charissa-thompson-erin-andrews-fs1-31.jpeg

Help Support Us

Become a patron